Friday, October 26, 2007

Tagged By Hotmama

I've been tagged by hotmama to list 7 random things about myself. Of course I just poured out most of my addictions to all of you and now you want more!?! You better still like me after this.

1. After 3 kids I have bladder issues. If I'm jumping on a tramp, running, sneezing, you name it I pee (only a little, but still). Also I peed in my pants on a date with my hubby (we were dating at the time). I'm sure Cecily is dieing to hear this story so here goes:

We were at a haunted forest in Rexburg and we were almost done. Towards the end they sit you down on these hay barrels and tell you this scary story about a guy with a chain saw and these hikers; I'm sure you get the idea. Just before the story ends this guy comes out from behind us with a chainsaw. We all get up to run and my future husband (fh), in his hast to escape, shoves me and I fall over the hay. I get up and suddenly there is a hand on my shoulder and I hear the rev of the chainsaw in my ear. I scream and peed simultaneously and tear off running like mad. As I'm running I'm thinking that I can stop peeing but then the damage had been done so whats a little more?? I get out to find fh warming himself by the fire. NICE! I'm running for my life and he has no concern. We then leave and I quietly ask for a towel to sit on. He asks why and wouldn't leave it alone till I told him. To which is yells, "YOU PEED IN YOUR PANTS!" Everyone around just turned to look right at me. Yes, I married him.

2. I don't like looking at or holding my baby right after it's born. Blood makes me faint and I just need the baby to be cleaned off first. I'm happy my dh understands that about me. After G-man was born the Dr. put him right on my stomach and I started to panic. My dh grabs him and says lets clean him first. I don't even watch the delivery.

3. LOVE Jane Austen. I wasn't a fan till all my Texas friends turned me to it. We went to watch the new P&P and from that moment on I was hooked. My friend Katri let me borrow her complete set of Jane Austen novels. I have since watched the old P&P and can't decide which I like best.



YUMALICIOUS! How do you decide?? Manly men! (taunt taunt Crystal).

4. I LOVE to toilet paper. Even at my age I'm all for it. On the flip side I also don't mind being toilet papered. Our rule is if we catch you you clean it; If we don't kudos to you.

5. I have issues with flowers, especially red roses. I just think they are so cliche. Like everyone gets them. If I had to get flowers I like the random bouquet with the bright wild flowers. Truthfully flowers do nothing for me. I know, it's crazy. Most girls like flowers, I don't. I just figure if your going to spend $10+ buy me something that wont die.

6. I'm not big on sweets. Which is probably why I don't enjoy baking them, but I will for my kids. Not sure what it is. My mom told me that ever since I was little I wouldn't touch my birthday cake. As I got older I would have cakes at my party but not eat them. I will now just not a lot. It isn't my ideal thing. I LOVE VEGGIES!! Even when I was young I would rather have carrots or an apple instead of a cookie. My Korbin is like that to a point.
Small confession: I do like zingers. Now here is a sweet I can go to town on. Don't know what it is about them. Perhaps is that cream filling?


7. I can't spell worth crap. I use spell check for everything I write and I'll even resort to asking my 8 year old how to spell something. And don't get me started on math.
Now I must tag 7 People:

11 comments:

Cecily R said...

That is hysterical! I love that you just figured the damage was already done and kept on peeing! I bet you didn't need to warm yourself for a bit after that since your leg was already warm...

I love toilet papering too, and plan on teaching my kids how to do it. To me, other than cleaning it up, it's a badge of honor to get toilet papered!

AND FINALLY, I am totally with you on the flowers thing! I'd much rather get a bag of cheetos and some diet pepsi from Jon!

crystal said...

un-shun.

New Darcy looks likes he's going to faint in that photo...poor little girlie-man. His droopy eyes look like they may be about to start crying any second. Can you get him a hankie (w/ lace)?

Ever tried zingers after they've been in the fridge? Y-U-M.

re-shun.

Supercool Mom said...

Have you noticed that Zingers are getting smaller and there is less filling in them??!! I did a comparison test and now Twinkies have more filling per cake than Zingers and it totally used to be the opposite!!! However my favorites are Swiss Cake Rolls - Yum, I could eat a whole box myself, in about 10 minutes, and not feel a twinge of regret. Well, maybe a twinge, but only because they're gone.

I'm with Crystal, as a long-time Austen fan, the A&E version is the only accurate retelling and Collin Firth is a HOTTIE! I will say that the photography in the new one is AMAZING though.

Michelle said...

Cecily: Normally I would probably have been warm but it was really cold and my jeans started to freeze.

Crystal: tried the zingers and yum! thanks for the suggestion. LOL a lacy hankie, man you do have issues with that Darcy!

hotmama: I had to laugh so hard at our comment. My hubby asked me what was so funny. I love it. You compared them, really? I'm going to have to look into that. Swiss Cake Rolls are good also.

Crazymamaof6 said...

hilarious!Hi, i am crazymama hotmama's crazy sister. and i have a bladder control problem too. and i don't pee just a little. at least you have that much control! loved your story my gut hurts from laughing! and i am all about old Darcy! Colin Firth baby! he has a little meat to him , new Darcy looks sickly and thin. but thanks for the side by side pics of them that makes it really easy to pick who i like best! and hotmama is a hostess connoisseur. and i can't spell for beans either well i can actually spell but i can't type so it looks like i can't spell. and spell check is my friend.

Traci said...

Ok that peeing you pants story was so hilarious!!! And you married him too. Thanks for the good giggle and for sharing it with the rest of us!

Renee said...

This is just too funny! Thanks for sharing and for the tag. I'll get my post up by Monday.

Cecily R said...

I FINALLY did your tag!

For me it's the Zingers frosting by the way. Especially, like Crystal said, when they've been in the fridge. :)

Shaka said...

thanks for the tag. i have been thinkig about it and will prob. post it tomorrow as todays post is all about thing 1!

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a cute meme and I have my Jane Austen and Friends update posted so if you want to know what is going on in the Austenian world hop on over. I think it is the 3rd post down... Lots of good stuff....

Bladder issues - have an 11 lb baby and then lets talk ^o^

Christie said...

Way to put your hilarious pee pants story out there. Had me laughing so hard. And yes, I avoid the trampoline for the same reason.

And I'm a Colin Firth Darcy fan. I think the new Mr. Darcy looked like John Cusack, who I find absolutely respulsive. I didn't enjoy him in the new movie because of that. Give me five hours of the A&E version anyday. Delish...