Just wanted to post about one more thing today. Boy it has been a good blog day. Anyway back to the point at hand. Check out this spider that was on the side of my garage. It is a Tarantula. YES! you read that right. I wasn't aware that we would be living in a place that these spiders call home. But it makes sense. I mean the desert is my back yard. Darn, WHY did we have to rent SO close to the desert?? I was calm enough to snatch my camera and snap a picture of it. However, this picture doesn't do it justice seeing as how I was standing as far away as possible (the end of my driveway).
To give an idea of how big this thing was look next to it and you see the part of the garage (horizontal part that divides). Well I measured that and it is 3.5 inch's. From the picture you can see that the spider is about the same length as that panel. CRAZY!! Oh and one last thing, this should help you (me) sleep better. One of our neighbors found one in her scripture case last night. Can you just imagine pulling out your Scriptures to read and out falls the beast of all spiders. It is just giving me the heebie-jeebies.


14 comments:
YIKES!!!!!
That would be enough for me to stop reading my scriptures. Yes, it would.
YIKES! I can't believe that. Gross.
Sick sick sick sick sick!!! We find these regularly, too, being up against the mountain. BLECH.
Bike race tomorrow? Really? How far? That 5-hr energy stuff would actually not be a bad idea, if you don't mind taking supplements. It didn't make me shakey or give me that "over-caffeinated feeling."
Do tell about the bike race!
A little creepy! And right around halloween too! Yeah- not a huge spider fan either! Especially huge hairy-scary ones!
You can find that energy drink right at the register of most gas stations. It's seriously the amount of a shot glass. I don't know WHAT'S in that teeny bottle that could rev me up for 8 hrs.
Says niacin, but i'm thinking crack.
OH, WOW!! Looks like having our company come to St George is a GREAT idea! My kids (and husband) would have FREAKED out!
YUCK!
well spiders creep me out anyway, but a tarantula? i would seriously start crying!
Sick!
holy moly!! my boys would love it!
I can't believe it! That is crazy Michelle. I would have been so scared!
That for sure would have creeped me out. what did you do with it? Leave it there?
Ugh. That is really scary!
Post a Comment