Monday, October 1, 2007

Nashville Trip

I know, I've been home for about a week now and am just getting to this. It has just been busy with supper Saturday (I'll do a separate post about that) and Young Women's. But I haven't forgotten so here is a fun update about my trip. Also, stop by my friend Megan's blog to read more, My Life's Miracles.

Going back to the south was like going home. I love it SO much. The big trees and the green grass. My mom always says, "You can take the girl out of the south but you can't take the south out of the girl". So true!

Hermitage
Home of Andrew Jackson (7th President)

It was very fun visiting this home. He is actually my husbands 5 or 6 great grandfather on his moms side. So it was neat going through a family members home. tee hee. Also, that is who Garrik is named after. Only we spelled Jackson different, Jaxon (sorry grandpa). We really wanted to see more homes but it was just too hard with the little ones. But at least I got to see this one!

Megan and Owen just before our tour.

On the front steps of Hermitage.

Andrew Jackson's tomb.

Children's Museum

We went to a really fun museum and the boys had lots of fun exploring and playing. It was nice to do something that kept them entertained. Although they were both SO tired from lack of sleep. Poor kids. But they kept up great and it was a nice day.

Owen and Garrik hanging around.

Owen would have nothing to do with this airplane. We tried to get his picture in it but it wasn't a pretty sight.






K, you guys may think this is crazy but I haven't seen a Krystal burger in YEARS so of course I had to take a picture of it. Do any of you remember these or have them in your home town? I used to eat there all the time.



Craft Time!

We went to a fun little store and saw these picture frames. We got so excited because we realized we could make them for a lot less. After all Copying is the sincerest form of flattery, right? They were priced @ $24.00 for the 8x10 frames and we made ours for around $8.00!! Plus had a blast.

Below are the two frames we made for our wonderful friend Laura. We mailed them to her as a way of letting her know we were thinking of her.

9 comments:

Laura said...

It was so fun to open that gift from you guys today! You are the sweetest! I am so sad to have missed out on the fun- but I am SO glad you were able to have some time away- some GIRL time!

Carey said...

Sounds like you had a great trip. How cool to see Andrew Jacksons home, and be related, very neat.
Welcome home.

Rochelleht said...

Wow! Those frames are totally cute. Great job, you guys!!

Megan said...

I miss you already! It was so much fun! We have to do it again!

Julianne said...

Fun trip! Love the frames. What a great idea!

Renee said...

Sounds like it was a great trip! Glad y'all had so much fun.

Please stop by my blog when you get the chance, I have an award for you.

kristen said...

your trip sounds like so much fun! i haven't ever been to tennessee! your little craft frames are adorable!

Katrina said...

That sounds like a blast! Good friends and good crafts. Does life get any better?

Renee said...

Michelle,
Thanks for stopping by! I do wish I had met you when you were in TX. Sounds like you had a fantastic time on your trip!