Thursday, October 25, 2007

Addictions: We All Have Them

shhh! for my blogolicious friends only. don't tell but besides blogging i have other addictions. so i'm coming out of the closet and announcing it for all the blog world to see.

1. ROOSTERS!! i LOVE them. any color, shape or size. doesn't matter i'll give them a happy home.




the white rooster plus my bday gift from katri last year. boy does she know me! the sad thing is that that isn't even a fourth of my collection. i have 2 boxes in the garage filled only with roosters: plates, pictures, salt/pepper shakers, big, little doesn't matter i got em.

here is my latest addition. i went to tai pan when i visited my mom and picked up this beautiful iron rooster. our rental just isn't big enough to hold this addiction.



2. lip gloss. what can i say. this is what i keep on me at all times. i just never know what flavor i'm feeling like.

k story time:

on my way home from Nashville i had to go through (i used the right spelling this time cecily) security and the mean guard opens my purse and takes all my lip glosses. they were liquid and not in a Ziploc bag. which wasn't a problem going out to Nashville. i was just told that they had to be together and not loose. i had them in my inside purse pocket but NO it needed to be in a baggy. i tried begging but to no avail. i turned and walked away very sad and, embarrassed as i am, i was crying. for lip gloss. i called my hubby and just cried on the phone to him. then a miracle i see this lady finishing a sandwich and she had a Ziploc bag with her. oh happy day! my lip gloss is saved! i ask her for the bag, didn't care that there were crumbs in it. race back to the check point and produced the baggy.


3. Mary Kay Signature Ultimate Mascara. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!




4. The Office - can't get enough of this show. i own ALL the seasons and watch them religiously. i even watch the deleted scenes and directors commentary. hmm wonder if that puts me borderline oc. whatever, i love jim!
5. goodmail ~ receiving / giving it ~ it's ALL good. it is just fun to open that mail box and find a sweet little something sent by beautiful people. it makes your day and you feel great because they HAD to be thinking of you in order to send it.


6. harry potter books. i own them all and reread them at least twice a year. i just get to where i miss his world of magic. so i pick up the books and settle in for a fun visit.


now to all you blogolicious people out there what are some of your addictions??

10 comments:

Wendi said...

My husband tells me I have an obsessive personality, and I think he's right. When I take an interest in something, I become extreme. I'm seriously addicted to girl's night out. I love it, and the more I do it the more I want to go do it more. I want you to live here and go out with us.

I'm addicted to dancing too. Can't give it up. I'm sure you're shocked by that.

Rochelleht said...

You have lots of new roosters since you moved. They are really cute.

I have a lipgloss in every purse. And that's a lot.

Laura said...

I hear you on the Office stuff! (and Pam looks HOT in that picture).

I am obsessive about how I Do things and not really about THINGS. I HAVE to make my bed a certain way- load my dishwasher a certain way and hang my clothes in the same direction!

Also- I can't get enough of my kids! I know that sounds LAME! But- I miss them when they go to bed!

Megan said...

Well, I have lots of what I like to call good addictions. My latest addition which is kind of sad to admit to is watching reruns of Dallas. The 80s soap.

Bridget said...

I LOVE The Office too although I don't own them and have yet to see a 'deleted scene.' Sounds fun. I am always looking for a new good mascara. THanks for the recommendation.

Supercool Mom said...

Now, don't you feel better with that out in the open. It's hiding those addictions that shows you have a problem - like drinking by yourself.

I was in tears about your lipgloss at the airport...laughed 'til I cried!

kelly said...

i have way too man obsessions to list, but i'm definetely with you on the lip gloss.

Supercool Mom said...

Hey Michelle, you have been tagged!

Rules:
Link to the person who tagged you; Share 7 random facts about yourself; Tag 7 other blogg friends & leave a comment on their blogg with the rules.

Have fun!

crystal said...

I love this post! Your lip gloss boo-hoo story made me laugh.

I need to complete my tags you've sent me! I love to be tagged & keep setting it aside for "when I have enough time" to do them right. Whatever. I never have more than 2 minutes put together. I'll do 'em today! The sweet treat & 7 random facts.

Holly said...

Oh my! I found your blog through Crystal (and I know Forever Flamingo in RL). We seem to share a love for roosters, lip gloss, The Office and of course, blogging.

Life is good. :)

As for OCD things, I must make my bed each morning and keep my kitchen sink clean and sparkly.