Last Sunday we had our Young Women In Excellence program. This year we did a skit called the Prophet of Oz. Basically Dorothy finds herself on earth and needs to find her way back to Heavenly Father. She must follow the straight and narrow path (the yellow brick road) and hold on to the iron rod whenever temptation strikes. Along the way she meets the value sisters, Faith, Divine Nature, Choice and Accountability, Good Works and Integrity. They believe they have been named after values they don't posses. So together they set off to find the Prophet of Oz in hopes that he will give the value sisters their values and show Dorothy how to get back home. You can find the skit here.
It was a lot of work putting together the skit and Sherise did an amazing job. I was put in charge of the music and boy was that fun. The girls memorized their lines and the night went beautifully. We had a few practices but our big dress rehearsal was Saturday at 8:30 am. I was very impressed that ALL the girls showed up. They really did put a lot of work into this.
Our beautiful "Dorothy"
Some of the little extras we as leaders did was to put together a picture for the girls. Once the picture was taken I made these cute frames for them. It was a lot of fun putting them together and my friend Sherise did a lot to help me. I think they turned out great! What do you think?
Here is a picture of all the girls singing the final song
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
When all the world is a hopeless jumble
And the raindrops tumble all around,
Heaven opens a magic lane.
When all the clouds darken up the sky way,
There’s a rainbow highway to be found,
Leading from your window pane.
To a place behind the sun,
Just a step beyond the rain.
(Chorus)
Somewhere over the Rainbow way up high,
There’s my home in God’s kingdom,
Where my soul longs to fly.
Somewhere over the Rainbow skies are blue,
And the scriptures I read from,
Testify that it’s true.
I’ll value faith, integrity,
And choose good works, be scholarly.
Press forward.
I am divine in nature, true,
An individual of worth, whom,
Will hold to, the Lord’s word.
Somewhere over the Rainbow way up high,
There’s my home in God’s kingdom,
Where my soul longs to fly.
I will press forward, steadfastly,
To be with Father,
For eternity.


13 comments:
Sounds like a great night, and a lot of work!! Those girls are lucky to have such great leaders.
Looks like you guys had so much fun! We did the same kind of thing when I was a young women- but we didn't have that uber cute song! I love that! And those frames are very creative! I used to be YW pres, and I miss it a ton! All those tender moments...anyway, good job!!
I love, love, LOVE "Somewhere Over the Rainbow!" One of the most perfect songs ever.
This is an amazing thing you did for those girls! I love the frames you made. I think I shall swipe all of these ideas for future use. I really like the idea of having them choose a favorite value & why, then framing it. (i noticed the frames were ruby-slipper-glittered. so cute!) Your leaders are amazing. Those girls'll remember it forever.
It's it so great when all your hard work pays off. You guys did a wonderful job. This will be such a great memory for these girls. :)
Wow, Michelle. That's awesome! You guys did a great job. I love the testimonies and the picture frames. The picture of the girls is gorgeous!
It looks great. I love your frames. They turned out so cute. It looks like everything went very well. The girls will remember it forever and remember you!
Very neat! I'm glad everything went so well. Enjoy some peace for a little while now, right? ;) I love the testimonies printed up. That's is really special for the girls and families alike.
Looks like it was a successful evening! Fun idea with the photo frames too!
What a fun evening! It looks like it was a huge success. I'm sure the parents and girls appreciated all the work that you ladies put into it! Love the picture frames you did - beautiful!
That night sounds so great! I am definitely going to save this in my files! (for later mooching, of course!)
Great picture frames, I love it all!
sounds really cute! we are planning a red carpet night. i really like the pictures you guys put together. that's a good idea for a gift.
what is your calling. i'm the 1st counselor in the yw.
What a cute idea, looks like it went really well. It's always such a relief after something like that. Way to go!
Post a Comment