Sunday, November 18, 2007

Menu Plan Monday


This week was a bit hectic and we didn't get to two meals. So here they are yet again (we will eat the Mexican Casserole). For a special Thanksgiving treat I'm posting my Cornbread Dressing recipe. Have a great week and a YUMMIE Thanksgiving!

For more great recipes go here.

Monday - Mexican Style Pasta Bake Casserole (we will have this!)

Tuesday - Crockpot Chicken, rice and colkliflower with cheese.

Wednesday -Breakfast for dinner

Thursday - Thanksgiving Feast!! I'm taking a side to the yumminess, Cornbread Dressing. The recipe is below for anyone who wants to try it.

Friday - Left over feast. Bet you can guess what I'm eating!

Saturday - Pizza and salad

Sunday - Taco Soup, tortilla chips


Corn Bread Dressing
1. Bake the corn bread from scratch

Corn Bread

1 C evaporated milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 C cornmeal
1/3 C flour
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
2 TBSP butter

Heat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients well. Grease iron skillet or baking dish and pour in mixture. Bake 15-20 min. until golden brown. (I usually double this and make two)

2. Boil Chicken Pieces w/ bone in. Just cover with water. I also add 2-3 chicken bullion cubes. Add onions, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Let boil until tender and chicken is cooked.

When done remove chicken and debone. Mix chicken back in with the juice.

3. Break cornbread into pieces in a 9x9 baking dish. Add the juice and stir well. Make sure it is juicy and not dry. You may or may not add all the juice.

Bake at 350 for 45 min – 1 hour. Until juice is soaked up. If you want you can make overnight and keep in fridge and bake in the morning.

6 comments:

Becky said...

That cornbread dressing sounds yummy! I'll have to try that...what time are you eating? ;)

Cecily R said...

You are such a good mommy/wife! If I was doing Thanksgiving I'd totally opt out of cooking for a week...or month. :)

Michelle said...

We're eating at 2:00

aurora said...

I can't believe that you are even doing Menu Plan Monday on Thanksgiving week--
You are on the ball!

Matchbox Mom said...

Yummy!
I'm with Cec...i'm totally dragging out the turkey thing for at least 4-5 days.
LOL

Tam

Renee said...

Great menu plan! Wanted to stop over and wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!