Well we have had a busy weekend with our Young Women's in Excellence program. I'm just grateful that is over with and I can now relax. I will do a separate post about Sunday night soon. But right now I want to tell you about our fun at the dentist (dripping with sarcasm here).
I'm not a fan of the dentist but like other Dr. I don't mind going. I love getting my teeth cleaned, I just hate the other info. that they give you. The info that all you hear is the adding up of a cash register. My oldest has been known for having bad teeth. I blame my husbands genes for that. His younger sister, Lindsay, had horrible teeth but now she has beautiful straight white teeth. I'm just holding on to that image. Well here is a run down as to what we need. I'll start with the worst in the family:
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
The Dentist
Brekkon - Well he didn't disappoint. We found out he has 7 cavities. 4 of which we HAVE to take care of. One we don't know if he may end up needing a baby root canal. Plus we are getting sealants put on all his permanent teeth. The insurance will pay for the sealant on all permanent molars but not any of the others. I just figure the out of pocket pay will be worth it considering his history.
Korbin - Many of my friends will remember when Korbin jumped, in his attempt to fly, from his toy kitchen to his bottom bunk, hitting the edge of the mattress. Well that little stunt has now come back to haunt us. The damage is now showing up with his new permanent tooth. Lately his gum in that area has been getting swollen and sensitive. The dentist can tell there is an infection in there and we are hoping antibiotics will take care of it. He hasn't lost his baby tooth yet, but the new tooth is coming down and it is just causing a lot of issues. Dang those Superman movies!! Oh and he has one cavity.
Garrik - No problems!! Boy was that good news! Hopefully we can keep it that way.
Blake - He has cavities, don't know how many because he wont tell me.
Me - Well looks like my perfect streak has come to an end. I have three cavities all on my left side. They are small so hopefully it wont take much to get them out.
So what is the Boulter family doing for the next three months?? Dentist! Dentist! Dentist! So Merry Christmas boys, your getting dental work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Do they take flouride vitamins? Utah is one of the few states that doesn't put fluoride in their water. Well, I think some parts of Utah do. You might want to look into that.
I'm ashamed to admit that we haven't been to the dentist since we moved to Idaho. Before we moved, we went every 6 months. Since my husband is self-employed now, we pay for our own health insurance and have no dental insurance. J has a chipped front tooth and his permanent teeth are coming in behind his baby teeth, although another baby tooth fell out this week. Argh! We need to get in soon.
That is the most depressing entry ever. I HATE the dentist and I have so been there.
Sounds to me like your dentist is going to have an awesome Christmas this year thanks to your family's teeth. That just plain sucks. I feel your pain, my friend.
That is really depressing to read. I'm so sorry Michelle. It doesn't sound like fun. It reminds me of when I had nine cavities!
tee hee!! I would love to go to the dentist, and get my teeth cleaned and polished...ahhhh
Love it! My Steven needs dental work so badly, I swear he's going to lose his front tooth any day...ew. We just don't have any insurance or money to pay for it. I love being poor..LOL
Wow that is quite sad. It does make all the rest of us feel a little better though, cause you know I went the rounds with Ryker. Since his trouble, we have been huge supporters of the sealants, and they seem to be holding.
Yowza! Bring on the jello!
We were at the dentist the very same day and you have my complete sympathy!
I hear ya. I so hate going to the dentist. We just finished a long round with 2 of the kiddos.
That is a bummer for sure!! I feel for Brekkon and having all those teeth filled. Just wait until you go to the Orthodonist, it is sooooooo much $$$$$$. I have done my fair share of complying this year about how much teeth cost. Just what we spent on my two boys could have flewn my family to Hawaii, and then to top it off Landon throw his retainer away with his lunch garbage at school, boy was I not happy about buying a new one. Have fun at the denist.
Oh, have fun with all of that. The dentist is never fun! We have a few in our family that needs to be filled.
Sorry Wendi's husband but uggghhh. The dentist. I've never had a cavity but Jon's got a full mouth and the kids seem to have inherited his softer, cruddy teeth. Booooo.
I feel your pain! We went through the same trauma with Max, who had no enamel on his baby teeth. Delightful. It's so hard to hear the bad news and try not to think, "If only i'd brushed their teeth better..." Even though it's not really your FAULT! We are sticklers about teeth brushing, and max just had terrible baby teeth. Chin up, little friend.
Did you watch The Office yet? C'mon, slacker! We must discuss!
"Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret."
I MEAN...Are you there, Michelle? It's me, Crystal.
I just have one thing to say to you today, Michelle:
"She's been working under you for 6 years."
"That's what she said."
sounds like fun! i like getting my teeth cleaned but i hate going to the dentist! i especially hate taking my kids to the dentist.
my oldest has really bad teeth. lots of cavities and they used to take the flouride vitamins but it didn't do any good. last time we were at the dentist(halloween) he had an infection in his back molar and then the next day we discovered one of his other fillings had fallen out-prob. from the cleaning and because the tooth is loose. now we are pretty sure he doesn't have room in his mouth for his adult teeth so i'm sure we will be doing braces.
my second son has good teeth but the dentist we used to go to said she found a cavity-if she did it was so small that the hygenist didn't even find it-but she drilled it out so deep that the filling killed the root and he had to have a baby root canal done, that didn't solve the problem so they had to pull his tooth and put in a spacer. now one of his adult teeth grew in behing the spacer and it can't move forward. now we have to take him to an orthodontist to have him do something about the spacer. it will cost $85 just for a consultation with the guy! we don't have orthodontic insurance! oh the joys. good luck to you, just know as your at the dentist i'm prob. doing alot of the same here.
Post a Comment