Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chore Chart

I wish I could take credit for this amazing chore chart that I have but I can't. I got it off Laurie's website Executive Homemaker. Then I just arranged it how I wanted it. Crystal asked me to share it with her and I told Holy I would email it to her also. So here it is for all of you to enjoy!

As for the chores they can do for money. Well that isn't as cool as this chart but all I did was go around the house and find things that need to be cleaned or done but I don't want to clean or do. For example: cleaning windows, dusting light fixtures, cleaning the floor boards, cleaning out the fridge, cleaning the microwave, picking weeds, etc. When the boys want money they chose something to do and we negotiate a price. They earn money and I get my stuff cleaned. It is a win win situation!

8 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Ok, this is just too cool. I think I'm going to be doing something similar. My kids are always wanting to earn money!

Matchbox Mom said...

GREAT IDEA!!
I'll have to try that!

Tamix

Anonymous said...

My poor kids get no reward except a bed and a meal for their chores. Although we do pay if they babysit when we go on a date, or for mowing the lawn. (Things that we would pay someone else to do if they weren't old enough).

crystal said...

I am in total awe of your chore chart. I'm going to post mine!!! Look for them on my blog tomorrow...Mine are simple, and I've needed to add stuff that more age appropriate. I love how your chart has a morning, afternoon, nightly routine; JUST LIKE MY IDOL, FLYLADY!

Now. Tell me. Do you have them posted somewhere, like the back of their door? And then they check off their chores? I want to know the nitty gritty, baby! How do you keep the machine running?

crystal said...

Did you watch our show tonight? Favorite: "It's my opinion that it's much better to be killed accidentally by someone you know, than on purpose by someone you don't."

HA! So many good quotes tonight.

Michelle said...

HA!! I was laughing so hard after that. Dwight is such a hoot!!

I put the chore chart on the inside of my pantry door. It is their resposibility to keep up with what they have done that day and to make sure they earn their tickets. At first I had to stay on top of it but now they pretty much do it themselves. I really think they like to earn tickets and then cash in for a reward.

One last thing, I LOVE FLYLADY!!

Megan said...

You have always been so good about getting your boys to help. We start the chart thing and then get busy and it goes to the wayside. I need to be better.

Tip Junkie said...

I'm glad that you found it useful! Thanks so much for the plug. I really appreciate it. ;)