Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dickens' Festival Take 1

Sorry I haven't been around in the blog world lately but we have been crazy busy with Dickens'. On Tuesday Blake, my dad and FIL all set up our booth and decorated it. I went in and helped a little but it is really hard with little G-man. The festival is set up to look like an old English town with "streets" winding all around. It just looks like a cute little village. Everyone working there is in costume. Blake's cousin and his aunt put the festival together and they have done a very impressive job. And of course the rest of the family have put in there time to help. One of Blake's cousins directed two plays that are performed every night: Oliver and A Christmas Carol. I have been very impressed with the plays. He has done an awesome job. Blake's uncle has a booth where he sells cinnabuns and boy are they GOOD!!

I have to say that I have really enjoyed working at Dickens'. Today was my first full day at our booth. It has been crazy busy but I really do love it. We are selling cotton candy, pop corn and hot chocolate. Brekkon has been coming in after school and homework to help sell. He has done pretty good. We have him more for the cuteness factor.

While selling today there was this one cute boy who really wanted some cotton candy but he had no money. He would just keep walking past giving me the saddest look. Now I'm a sucker for things like that so I caved in after about is 7th time past. Later that night he had to perform his song which was Last Christmas. Let me tell you he was SO GOOD. He just belted out that song and was so energetic that in my book he more than earned that cotton candy. Then another kid only had $1 and wanted cotton candy. He was cracking me up with his bartering skills. He asked me if he brought 10 of his friends to buy from us would I sell him the cotton candy for $1. I told him if he did that I would give him the cotton candy. Well little by little here come his friends buying from us and he was off to the side counting them up. I think that was a fair trade.

Well, I have seriously written a novel just on Dickens' alone. I will take some pictures and post them the next time I update. Till then....

13 comments:

Julianne said...

Sounds like a neat thing to be a part of! I'm glad you are enjoying it. The stories about the 2 boys are just too sweet! I probably would have done the same thing. ;)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

How fun! I hope you'll post some pictures!

Cecily R said...

I did Dickens when I was a kid! I love the Dickens Festival!

Renee said...

Sounds like som great fun!

Katrina said...

What alot of work! I'm glad y'all are having fun! That second kid is gonna be very successful as an adult!

Wendi said...

I forgot about the Dicken's Festival. What a fun Christmas event.

Traci said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and helps you really get into the spirit of things. Can't wait to see the pictures!

aurora said...

I wish that we had something like that here, it sounds like such fun!

Megan said...

It sounds like fun Michelle. I hope you are making a lot of money so you can come visit me again!! It sounds like so much fun I might have to come visit you next year during the Dickens festival!

Matchbox Mom said...

Seriously can't wait to hear more!
I am waiting on pins and needles just to hear more about what's going on with ya!

Tam

Matchbox Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SuperCoolMom said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love working at places like that - people are always in such a good mood, doing something fun for Christmas, and spending time with the family. What a neat idea.

Stephanie said...

The Dickens sound fun, I want to come.