Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet

We have had a great time this Halloween. The celebrations began on Monday with a neighborhood party and chili cook off. It was loads of fun and the boys enjoyed the games that were set up. One of the funnest was the cakewalk. I must at this time stop to feature this cake made by my friend Sherise. It is a kitty litter cake complete with pooper scooper. The little "poops" you see is melted tootsie roles. She made it in an actual kitty litter box!


Now I should most likely highlight my children in all their costume glory.

Brekkon as Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots. Korbin as the Ninja Turtle Rafael.

Our G-man as the cutest clown you've ever seen!


The older boys had a great time doing the donut eating contest, the pumpkin golf and all the other fun games they had around. It really was a great time. When we first moved here I hated our ward. It was full of alot of old and not very many our age. It was very hard, especially coming from where I did. I would be shocked when I heard someone say they want to buy in our ward. HUH!! Why?? When we first got here people would say, "Give this ward about 6 months and you wont want to leave". I'm starting to see what is so wonderful about this ward. It truly is a "family ward". In the mission field the ward becomes your family because you don't have family around. It is rare to find a ward like that here in Utah but we have. I'm not saying I'm ready to buy a house in this ward, but I'm understanding more what the attraction is all about.




We are all very proud of our Bishop. He is a great guy who loves to have fun. He loves the youth and they genuinely love him.

Halloween Day!

The boys were able to wear their costume to school which was a great treat for them. Even the teachers dressed up which was fun to see. They had fun parties and games and came home with lots of candy. That last part I'm not too excited about.

Later that night we headed out for our trick or treating fun. Brekkon met up with one of his friends and they went off alone around the neighborhood. Korbin, G-man and one of Korbins friends walked around with boring mom and dad. Apparently it isn't "cool" to trick or treat with your parents. Bummer for the little ones.

At first G-man didn't get this whole trick or treating thing but after being handed a couple of pieces of candy he quickly caught on. He would run up to the door, hand out stretched, yelling "nandy, nandy". Some pieces made it into the bag but the majority found their way into his mouth. He also kept an eye on his candy and if you even tried to take a piece he would give you a dirty look and yell "HEY!!". Needless to say when we got home to sort through the candy he didn't have too much, but boy was he wired!

So tell me, how was your Halloween?

16 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Cute pictures! I love the kitty litter cake. What an awesome idea. We still trick or treat with our boys, so if it's not cool, then they're not cool either!

Carey said...

Your kids look great! Your little one sure is the cutest clown. Our Halloween was nice. The weather was perfect, no one needed jackets really, or gloves, or boots, or umbrellas. The kids had a blast. My son even gave one of his candies back because it was a hard one, and hes not allowed to have them...it was very cute.
BTW, thank you so much for the package. It was a huge success. You are so kind and thoughtful.

Christie said...

Such cute costumes. And yes, that kitty litter cake really freaks me out.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo cute! I love the kitty litter, gotta try that next year!

I did not start a private blog without you. My blog has been stolen! I did start a new blog until I can get this straightened out it's hotmamashouse at blogspot dot com. Come by and see me. And yeah, you'll see this exact message on all my blogfriends comments. BTW, don't email me, my email has been compromised too so I'll be getting a new one in the next day or two. Sorry about the hassle.

Cecily R said...

I think you're right...that IS the cutest clown ever!

My BFF's kid was Optimus Prime too, but he had the voice changer mask. He's so skinny and looked even skinnier with the funny costume and the huge head. It made me laugh everytime I looked at him last night.

Your kids are super cute. :)

Laura said...

YOur kids looks so cute! Man, you guys are mean parents- you don't let you 2-year-old and 5-year-old go out by themselves!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Shaka said...

love the costumes-especially that cute little clown!

i don't think i could eat that cake!

Rochelleht said...

Garrick looks SOOOOOO cute!!! Seriously, you are right. The cutest clown ever.

aurora said...

Very cute little clown! So sweet. Looks like lots of fun!

That cake??? Kind of creepy!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

I had that cake for the first time ever here in Texas. I thought it was almost a little too weird to actually eat, but it was GREAT! I'll have to make it sometime, I had forgotten about it. Anyway, your Halloween looked like fun. Your G-man must be around the same age as my Snack, trick or treating was a real treat for him this year!

Cecily R said...

Did I mention before that the kitty litter cake made me a little queasy? Brilliant idea, but a little nasty.

Matchbox Mom said...

ahhh!!! I cannot believe that kitty litter! That's awesome.
I loved the costumes, they are so cute. I'm glad that you had a good Halloween, and fun things to blog about.
GOOD TIMES

SuperCoolMom said...

Awesome costumes, and it looks like you had a blast!

Renee said...

Great pictures! Your kids look wonderful! Sounds like you all had a great time. BTW- what is a ward?

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Wendi said...

Sick! Eating kitty litter is NOT cute! Bleck!

Kids are cute though. =)

Megan said...

Garrik looks so cute. Well, all your boys look cute. I sure miss seeing you guys this Halloween. It doesn't feel the same. That kitty little cake is beyond words.