Thursday, November 8, 2007

Christmas and My New Toy

I really don't have much to write about Christmas at this time. I LOVE that holiday and it is my favorite time of year. However I would just like to list 4 ways to suck the fun out of Christmas.

1. Mention how broke you are
2. Keep mention how broke you are
3. Mention how broke others in the family are
4. Talk about how tight money is for you and others in the family

I'm sure society is to blame for this concept of how Christmas has to be this grand event. What happened to the time when you gave what you could and no one cared?? K done with that (oh and I'm not talking about my hubby), now on to my NEW TOY!!




I finally upgraded my phone and man am I LOVING it!! I got the new Juke phone by Verizon. My old cell phone has been wigging out recently and has finally met its end. At first it would cut in and out causing me to miss parts of the conversation. At first I was blaming my moms phone because it only seemed to happen when I was talking with her. But then it became more frequent and during calls with other people. I would complain to my dh but it wasn't bugging me enough to take action. Then it started going in and out of service and doing this during the night. Believe me the last thing you want to hear at 3:00am is your phone leaving service area, entering service area. Yeah, not so fun. It had been doing that for about a week and the only way to stop it was to just turn it off. The next stage my phone moved into was turning off for NO reason. Talk about bugging! So yesterday I had had enough of that and went to Verizon to upgrade, which, by the way, I could have done since March. I just couldn't justify it still having a perfectly good working phone.

So now I'm just bragging about my supper cool new slick phone. What do you guys think??

12 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Ooh, that's pretty! Hey, email me, I finished the book and I'm dying to discuss it!

Becky said...

That phone looks so fun! I just bought my Christmas present today online! It's a new comforter set. I'll have to post some pictures later. Have fun with your new toy!

Anonymous said...

Very cool - love the red! You're right, worrying about the money does suck the fun out of Christmas. My sweet daughter keeps planning things she can make for everyone (she must be getting the itch to craft or else the poverty vibe from all of my projects).

crystal said...

That phone looks like a naughty toy.

I'm just saying.

aurora said...

Great phone! So funky and cute.

Shaka said...

looks like fun! i recently upgraded too because my phone was going crazy like yours was. problem is i'm having problems with my new phone. it's not retrieving my email like it is supposed to. anyway-have fun with the fun! don't you just love fun gadgets!

Traci said...

Sweet phone. Don't you love the surprise when you find-out you could of upgraded long ago!

Laura said...

Man, I LOVE it! I could go for that myself.

Megan said...

Love the phone. It fits you perfect. Talking about money will suck the fun out of almost any event but especially Christmas. Plug your ears it might help!

Richard Meyer said...

There is nothing like having the latest and greatest; too bad it only lasts a few weeks now days :(

Still, sweet phone, I want one now.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Ooooo slick! I've had my phone for like 4 years now (knock on wood) and it's in tip top shape. My bro had the same one, and his fell apart, but I've been lucky...or careful. But every time I go into the Verizon store they're like "this phone is really old, do you want to upgrade?" I'm just like, I've got a good thing going here, not gonna risk it! But then a shiney RED beauty like yours is quite tempting!!!!

Anonymous said...

ha i hav it in teal! ha its great, a little small tho.