Thursday, September 6, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys....

As I was picking my boys up from school, the Principal informed me that my oldest put a grasshopper down his younger brothers shirt. Normally she wouldn't care but apparently Korbin was really freaking out. Of course, as she is telling me this my Brekkon pips up from the back of the van, "Yeah, but it was really funny!" She then notices that I have a third boy and just laughs and says, "Looks like your life is going to be full of dirt and bugs for a long time." On the way home Korbin asks if he can put a bug down Brekkons' shirt. I tell him sure!

Today as I was volunteering for recess I notice Brekkon and 3 other boys head around the school. A few minutes later they come back with something in their hands. They head over to a group of girls jump roping and proceed to scare them with grasshoppers. To the boys delight they were met with a bunch of loud screams.

Makes me think if this poem has some truth to it.

What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails
That's what little boys are made of !
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice and all things nice
That's what little girls are made of!

10 comments:

Julianne said...

Ok, my girls are so not like the poem. LOL! They are the roll-in-the-dirt, play with bugs, play in the rain type of girls. Of course, they love their princesses and skirts and pretty shoes, too. I guess I got the "best" of both worlds with them!

Pretty funny about the bugs down the shirts. :)

Carey said...

Boys will be boys...they just love bugs and dirt, don't they? Course, mine doesnt care to much about the bugs or getting his hands dirty, but im working on it. Hope your having a great week.

Renee said...

I know just what you mean! My two boys are the same!

Wendi said...

Boys are so wierd. As a little girl, it never would have occurred to me to do something like that. Oh boys are so funny. But definitely weird.

Megan said...

Sometimes they are a difficult specie to understand. But they can be really cute and funny! Maybe someday Michelle we can have our little girls!

Bridget said...

I have two boys. I can totally relate. What great memories.

Rochelleht said...

That cracks me up! What little stinkers! :-)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I have two boys, your house sounds like mine. I find rubber snakes in my kitchen though. I guess I should be happy they're not real...

Shaka said...

so true! you just have to love boys!!! and just accept the way your life will be as a mom of boys-my mother in law had 4 boys! lots of boy stuff!

Suzann said...

Michelle, I came across your Blog just surfing around, and totally fell in love with it. What a delight. Your photos are great, and the music was a wonderful background for reading your posts.