Sunday, September 16, 2007

Soccer Has Started

Couch Blake giving some last minute plays.

The season is officially off and we have had a good start so far. I forgot the camera for our first game but brought it along for the second. Blake is couching Korbins team. The team name is Scorpion Sharks. Apparently half the kids wanted Scorpion and the other half Sharks. So to make them all happy my hubby decided to combine the two names. Clever!

So far this season the Scorpion Sharks are undefeated. All the boys practice hard and really have a great time out on the field. Blake is having a blast coaching and all the kids seem to really like him.

Great block by Korbin! Way to use your knee.

Korbin with the steal


A few practice kicks into the goal before the game starts. And a MUST have accessory for all games. Seriously buying that umbrella at the start of summer was the best thing ever. I have used it SO much here.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like the boys are having fun! It was so fun to see you guys even though it was a quick dinner!

Rochelleht said...

Always impressed by the dads who are coaches. Also impressed by the parents who drag themselves to games. I really seriously don't enjoy that. But I suppose with three boys, that is what you'll be doing! Good thing Blake is so awesome! And you too, of course! :-)

Traci said...

How cute is that watching your kids play soccor. I wasn't on the ball this year and didn't get them signed-up, but there is always next time, right.
YOu commented on my blog that you are on the fundraising committee and was wondering what your school is doing for them. I am co-chair of the fall fundraiser this year which is alreayd coming to and end. Tomorrow they are suppose to hand in there selling packets, so hope we did well.

Megan said...

I love watching soccer. I am starting to really enjoy going to Derek's games. I am glad Blake is the coach. It is so fun for the kids to have their dad be their coach.

Carey said...

the kids look so cute running around the field. i bet that umbrella is very handy. makes watching the game a lot more enjoyable when you can actually see it and not be roasting.

katri said...

It looks like you all are having a lot of fun with the boys! That is so great!

Shaka said...

one of my boys just started soccer too. he slept with his new ball the first night!
have fun with it!