"G-pers creepers, where'd you get those peepers?
Oh those weepers!
Where'd you get those eyes?"

This is the song often song to our little G-man. I have ALWAYS loved blue eyes. Not sure why that is. Growing up I remember looking at my dads eyes and just wishing I had eyes just like him. While pregnant with my first two I would hope that they would have blue eyes. They both have brown eyes like me. And beautiful big brown eyes at that. But I still didn't have my blue eyed baby. Then came my G-man. His eyes looked different from the start. But I refused to get my hopes up too high. Yet, the older he got his eyes never changed. I would have dreams (truth be told, nightmares) that I'd get him in the morning and his eyes would be brown. Crazy, I know!! But my sweet G-man has the most beautiful baby blues I've ever seen. Of course I'm biased.
So how did the song come into play? My oldest heard it on Sesame Street and started to sing it to Garrik and it just sort of stuck. Not to mention that whenever people see me with him they look at him, then back at me, then back at him and finally ask "Where did he get his blue eyes?"
What crazy feature did you want for at least one of your kids?
11 comments:
For them to be nice. And not horribly disfigured. :-)
I would love to have one look like me. I have three and everyone tells me they look exactly like Brian. They're kind of right, and he's cute, but I want someone to say they look me sometimes.
i wanted to have a little girl with beautiful blond curls! i got one! i just hope they stay. i have painful fears of that first haircut and them being gone forever!
How funny!!! I can totally relate to this story! However, I just knew my children would have greenish eyes (my husband) or brownish like me! Then out of no where my first little man popped out with BIG BLUE EYES. OK, not exactly, but you get the point!
We were just waiting for them to turn and they never did! We have decided they came down the family tree from my Dad and my husbands Grandmother. Funny!!
Now when the the K-man is out with us. They comment on his big blue eyes then look at me and then my husband...before they can say anything we say, "they are in the family!"
Not to leave out Little Bit he has the most beautiful big brown eyes!
That's so funny - I always wanted brown eyes. Married a Dane with blue eyes, too, so no hope of brown eyes for my kids. Grass is always greener, I guess?
I was hoping for red hair. :) I guess 1 out of 4 isn't bad. I was also hoping for one or two with Ben's crystal blue eyes. Well, they all started out that way, 2 of them are still blue, and Carli has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen! ;)
Yes she does!!
My first three children are girls, and they all have blue eyes, like their daddy, so when we found out we were having a boy, i wanted him to have brown eyes, like me. Well...he does.
Other than that, i just wanted them to be healthy.
Hope youre having a great weekend.
Your sons eyes are a beautiful blue.
I always wanted a little girl with brown curly hair that was just a little sassy (in a good way)! Guess we will have to wait and see what happens!
I wanted a redhead, and I'm blessed to have one! Yea! People say she looks just like me, but it's only the coloring. She actually looks like hubby's sister.
wow those eyes are beautiful! i love shocking blue, especially with the blonde. what a doll. as for my kids... i just want a girl someday. here's to hoping.
Post a Comment