Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Yes, They Both Have Jobs

Aside from the work they do at home to earn money, the Boulter boys have been hired on by the Boulter Realty Team. There job title is: Newsletter Specialists (Brekkon Came up with the name). There job is to put the newsletters into the envelops and put the stamp on the back. They earn 10 cents per letter they complete. Korbin gets bored easy so he usually earns about $4-5. Brekkon on the other hand is a very good worker and will earn around $10-13. They do this once a month and then they bill the company for payment.


This is a great way to teach both boys about hard work and responsibility. The newsletters have a deadline that they need to be done by so we can get them into the mail. It also makes them feel like they are a part of something. Grandpa even writes them out an actual check with their name on it. Then they take that to the bank and deposit it into their accounts. With his next paycheck, Brekkon, is going to be opening a checking account. Truth be told, he thinks it's cool to have a debit card. I figure it's his money he is earning so I'll let him do this. Neither of the boys have big plans for spending their hard earned money, but I'm sure that will change. And Korbin, for now, is okay with just a savings account.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I think that is GREAT, Michelle! I think the more jobs a kid has- the better! Kids today don't work worth a darn!

Stephanie said...

That is awesome! My boys are really into money also, they would love an actual job. We pay them 50 for each bucket of rocks they move in our back yard.

Stephanie said...

that was 50 cents

Julianne said...

That's really cool! I remember doing something similar when I was a kid helping out my dad. I loved it. I'll be putting my kids to work helping with my Mary Kay stuff--putting labels one, bagging orders, stamps on note cards, etc.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Awesome idea! Josh used to do this for his dad's business when he was little.

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!!! KUDDOS to you girlie! I am so happy to hear hard work is still being taught. I know people think I am weird bc I make Lexi do chores to get things..the society we live in is warped in that no one wants to work! I truly commend you! ;)