At what point did this happen? This morning I'm working on the computer when my little G-man brings me a yogurt from the fridge so I can open it for him. Then he walks over to the silverware drawer and searches around for a spoon. Mind you he can't see in it so this is all done by feel. With spoon in hand he walks over to his little table, sits down and proceeds to eat. I was watching him this whole time thinking what happened to my baby. He looked so big and independent. Not really needing me.
I remember clearly when that happened with my oldest. I just looked up and one day he wasn't a baby. I remember having the sudden urge to slam on the breaks of time. Oh if only there were such breaks!! It is such bitter sweet moment. You want them to grow up and be independent and do things for themselves yet at the same moment you find yourself searching their faces for a glimpse of the baby they are leaving behind.


4 comments:
That is SO cute! I can't believe how grown up he looks!! I know- time goes SO fast!!
so cute but oh boy do i agree!
It does go way too fast. He's getting so big!
He is getting so big. I can't wait to see him a few weeks. We are going to have so much fun!
Post a Comment