Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tagged: 8 Things About My Marriage


Fun tag! Thanks Mique for tagging me for this.


Where did you meet your husband?

We met at Ricks College (BYUI). I had been seeing this guy named Wade over the summer who turned out to be Blake's roommate. I went over one evening to meet all of the roommates and was introduced to him and Brett (his twin). I thought both were cute. How could they not be seeing as how they are identical. But there was something about Blake that stood out.

What was the first thing you said to your husband?

Well, since I was cooking spaghetti for everyone, I must have asked him if he wanted some. I also now that sometime during the night I told him that I was NOT dating Wade. We were just friends from summer term...who kissed occasionally.

Where was the first kiss? first date?

Our first date was a double date with one of his other roommates, John and Laura. We went to McD's in Idaho Falls and parked. But instead of going in, the guys pull out two cars made out of cardboard boxes and tell us to get in. Deciding I would play along and swearing vengeance later I complied. We ended up going through the drive-thru in these cars. After dinner we walked around IF.

First kiss was about 2 weeks later. We were sitting at the top of the hill in Rexburg just talking when he turned my face toward him and kissed me. I was his first kiss since his mission. He was stiff and very nervous. I remember thinking "I hope this gets better". It did!!

Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?

I guess short courtship long engagement. We started dating in Sept. and got engaged in Jan. He asked my dad for my hand during Christmas break. Then sent me on a scavenger hunt to all the special places we like to go. At the last one he was there waiting for me. We got married on Aug. 3, 1996. We were apart during the summer each of us working.

Where did you get engages?

At Ricks College (BYUI) at the top of the hill where we had our first kiss. As I mentioned above he sent me on a scavenger hunt. First my roommate came in with a rose in her hand and a note. It said to go Little Red (that was the name of his car). Once at the car there was another note saying to head for the baseball dugouts. Side note: we liked to go on walks and sit at the dug out. It provided some privacy and we had a lot of great talks there. So when I got there I found another note attached to another rose. It said to head for the hill of our first kiss. He was there waiting for me at the top. I still wasn't sure what was happening but was hopeful it was a proposal. He got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him.

Where did you get married?

In the Salt Lake City Temple. I love that temple. Growing up in Mississippi I had always thought it would be cool to be married there.

How did the reception go?

I honestly can't remember. We had three of them. I know!! But we had one in Salt Lake for all the family there. It was in the Joseph Smith building. The first room when you walk in to your right. Then we had one in Missouri, where Blake's family was from. And another one in Mississippi for all of my families friends and relatives. I remember the food being VERY good at all of them.

How was the honeymoon?

Perfect. We went to San Diego and the the time of our life. We went to the Zoo and Sea World. We also rented Jet skies and ate at some nice hoity toity restaurants. Why not, it's our honeymoon!
I tag: Laura, Julie, Julianne and Carey.

9 comments:

Renee said...

I love the picture of you and your hubby! What a wonderful way to get engaged...very romantic. Happy 11th anniversary!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Fun, FUN! Thanks for playing along. And I liked reading your answers as well. Blake & Josh sound similar. We are still known for scavenger hunts. I did one for our anniversary last year. He did one for my bday. It's so much fun- never gets old.
Also like the new look of your blog!!!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

P.s. Didn't want to mess things up for your post above but glad you joined in on PIF. I might just surprise you with something in your mailbox (who cares if you didn't comment within 3?).

Wendi said...

Such cute stories!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we had a great start to the begining of our lives. I should mention that on our first kiss, Michelle was completely oblivious the first time I tried to kiss her. See we were on the hill having a fun loving and a little romantic conversation and when I moved in for the kiss, she turned her head and told me something about McDonald's that she had learned in class that day. Well, I was pretty shocked, but thought I should give it one more chance and was nervous she would pull away again. I think I should start my own blog to tell the long versions. hee hee

Laura said...

Haha~ two sides to every story! What a FUN story!!

Christie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words! I love the title of yours. Great minds think alike, no?

What a great story you and your hubby have. I loved reading it and will definitely be back!

Stephanie said...

Great Post! I love your story about the car in the drive through line. You guys have a great story. Happy Anniverary!

Carey said...

Its nice to get to know you. I noticed you tagged me...Ill get it posted by the weekend.