Monday, August 27, 2007

Bristlecone Cabins - Brian Head

We had a great time with all the fam this last weekend. It was just nice to hang out together and have all the cousins play. It really is nice that all the kids get along great. The boys had a great time building a fort (more on that), four wheeling and hiking. The adult kids took a day and went mountain biking. I will do a separate post for that. So about the trip:



We arrive to a lot of construction going on in front of the cabin. They are trying to get everything done before the snow comes. All the boys, big and small, enjoyed watching the machines. It was a little annoying because we couldn't ride around in front of the cabin and for about 3 hours on Fri. we were without water. Other than that it was SO beautiful up there.
On Sun. the machines weren't roaming around out front so we took out the Doon Buggie and had some fun. We also rode the four wheelers around and all the kids LOVED that.
Just a few pix of us driving the kids around. I felt like I was a carnival ride. Three times around and next. And of course the big kids had to have their fun too!


After the kids got their fill we took the machines up to the summit for some really cool pictures.
It was SO beautiful up there it just took your breath away. I never realized that beauty that Southern Utah has to offer. I loved being up there and just drinking it all in.



Kelli and Lindsay decided to fool around and do some funny pictures. They were trying to get some pix of them jumping but that didn't work out. Instead it looks like Kelli has to go to the bathroom and Lindsay is trying to fly.



This is a view from the summit. You can just see our cabin down there with the long green roof.

There was a nice hiking trail not far from our cabin so we decided to take the kids. It was nice and cool. And again the view was just beautiful.




Fort Bristlecone

As I mentioned at the start the kids all got together and made a fort. They cleared out all the branches and rocks. Made a front and back entrance, a living room, kitchen and bedroom. They even made a fire pit. We were very impressed. Now you must keep in mind that the ages range from 4-8. It was amazing to watch them all work together in making this fort. They worked on it the whole time we were on our bike ride. I couldn't believe. Of course the Grandma's were okay with that because it just kept them entertained.

Here are the kids showing their muscles. They moved so many logs and rocks. But the end result is really cool.
Here we have the finished product. You can see the fire pit that they made. They dragged in the bigger log for a "couch" in the living room. Toward the back is the "kitchen" and a hollowed out log to sleep in. If you followed on to the back you can see their stash of firewood.


Just because




Poor G-man had a fight with the stairs and they got the better of him.

10 comments:

Wendi said...

What beautiful photographs! Sounds like a heavenly vacation! The view is so beautiful. My boys would have loved all the machines too!

Rochelleht said...

I LOVE teh one of your family on the mountain. You totally need to use that for Christmas cards.

Megan said...

it sounds so fun Michelle. I love your pictures. They are so beautiful. You guys sure have had a fun summer. The fort was very clever as well.

Julianne said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great time. Now you know why Southern Utah is my favorite place to be. :)

Katrina said...

Little G-man looks so adorable on that Cat! Sounds like you had a great time1

Julie said...

Wow, I love that family picture of you guys up on the cliff. I hope you get that one enlarged and framed. I bet your kids are loving life. You guys tons of cool stuff. Lucky little guys.

kristen said...

Your trip sounds like so much fun, Sorry about the bike ride though-my husband took me on one of "those" trips before, except it was a hike instead! That little house your kids made is adorable!

Shaka said...

sounds and looks like you guys had a great vacation! it's so pretty up there!-nice fort the kids made!

Laura said...

I love the family pictures! SO GREAT!
Looks like you guys had a blast!!!

Carey said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I love the family photo with the mountains. very nice! Hope you r having a wonderful day.