Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back in the Swing of Thing

Well the book fair officially opened yesterday from 8:00-3:30. It was a VERY long day but luckily I was able to split it with my friend. We have had more moms volunteer this time around because everyone was sent a letter saying that if you didn't have a certain about of volunteer hours by March 7 then your child wouldn't be placed in a class. That kind of lit a fire under some butts so we have had a lot more help.

Yesterday was the day the classes came in to do their wish lists. After the fall book fair we got smarter and assigned the younger classes helpers. So this time it went much smother. I will be there again today from 11:45-6:00. Then again on Friday all day till 3:00 after which we get to take it all down.

I was asked yesterday if I wanted to be Chairman of the book fair board for next year. I'm on the board now and I like that but I'm not sure I want the whole responsibility of running the whole thing. I'm just going to have to think about this a bit before I give my answer. I do enjoy book fairs and it is twice a year. The only problem is that my friend is now Chairman and it was just the two of us last fall. Only a few parents volunteered. I saw how stressed she was. If I could get some good help I think it wouldn't be too bad. Oh decisions decisions.

9 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow good for you! i love the book fairs, as a kid and as a grown up but to be in charge, YIKES.

and my kids wouldn't ahve a class, i don't volunteer at all, it's just hard with so many younger siblings to get there. someday when the younger ones are there too, i'll do it.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm willing to help, but I don't like being in charge of school things. You're a much better person than I am!!

aurora said...

I love and miss book fairs! I guess I'll be able to go to one next year since I will once again have a child in elementary school.

I'd help you if I could, but I think that the commute would kill me! :)

Cecily R said...

I love a good book fair, but you are better person than I am. I am more than happy to support them, by buying too many books. :)

crystal said...

I'm with Holly: I LOVE to sign up & help, but detest being the chairman of anything. It's too much pressure. And getting reliable help is very hard! Those ARE such long days, Michelle! How do you DO it???

Megan said...

It sounds like a lot of work but you are so great at pulling things together. I wish I lived there so we could do it together.

Matchbox Mom said...

wow! You're amazing!! Good job!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you are the person for the job! I understand those decisions, when your name gets out there, you are up for everything.

BTW, I am so sorry to hear about your Aunt.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Chairman sounds like a big commitment...but no doubt you'd be great at it!