Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thanks to all of you for your thought and prayers. It really meant a lot to feel loved! I wanted to post while at my moms house but for some reason my dad's computer wouldn't let me. Weird. Anyway, it was a good visit considering. My little G-man kept my mom busy. It was good he was there, he was a great distraction. She enjoyed playing with him. Sat. was the hardest day of all. We had SO many family members calling and talking to us. I talked to so many family member, some of which I hadn't seen since I was 7. It was always nice when someone got on that spoke English, even if it was just a little. It got to the point where I was thinking in Spanish. I was surprised at how quickly the language came back to me. Everyone I spoke with said that everything was just beautiful, which was good to hear because my mom arranged it all over the phone. They had a closed casket, which I'm a huge advocate of. Her son just didn't want to see her laying there and I can't say I blame him (I wonder who came up with the whole open casket thing anyway). A few family member complained about it being a closed casket. I find that sad since it is her son that matters in this anyway.

It was good to be with my mom over the weekend. My dad was on military duty for the weekend so my mom would have been alone. We wanted to get plane tickets to go out to Puerto Rico but it was just too expensive. I was glad when my mom called early Friday morning to ask me to come up. I could hear her cheer up when I said I would.

5 comments:

aurora said...

I am so glad that you were able to be with your mom. I am sure that it meant the world to her.

{hugs}

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm so sorry. It had to be good for your mom to have you there though.

Rochelleht said...

I'm so glad you were able to be with your mom. What a hard thing! I really can't imagine. I've been thinking about you.

So, did they do it in Utah? Is that where she's going to be buried? I wish I could have seen you jabbering away in Spanish!

Julianne said...

Sounds like a rough but a good weekend with your mom and talking to lots of family members. I would have loved to listen to you speak in Spanish, too!

Megan said...

I am so glad you got to be with your mom. I hope you guys will be feeling better soon. I want to hear you speak Spanish!