My oldest was invited to a birthday party. They were meeting at 6:30 having cake and ice cream and then heading over to Laser Mania for a fun game of laser tag. Turns out the dad of the birthday boy didn't get home till 7:00 (he decided he wanted to play racquetball). So after the cake and ice cream they finally head over a little after 8:00 to Laser Mania. Once there the birthday boys dad gathers all the kids and proceeds to buy 6 tickets. Blake looks around and realizes that there is more than 6 kids. So he asks the dad if he is paying for the kids to play. To which he answers no they need to pay for themselves. I have to say that it is a good thing Blake was there because Brekkon had no money and neither did one of the birthday boys other friend. All the other kids were family members and their parents were there. I know they would have left my son and the other friend out.
Here is my question: Was I wrong to assume that they would be paying for my son? Nothing was written about making sure he had money. Has something changed in birthday etiquette that I don't know about?
Change of topic. Julie is coming today!! She will be here around 3:00. So excited to see her and the boys. Brekkon and Korbin can hardly wait.
Korbin: "I can't wait for my friends to come."
Brekkon: "What are you talking about, they are my friends?"
Korbin: "NO!! They like me too!!"
Brekkon: "Whatever, you don't ever remember them"
Korbin: "I DO TOO!! Mom, what the kids name again that coming?"
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Birthday Party and Funny Conversation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
That is totally LAME about the birthday party! They definitely should have put on the invite that you had to pay for yourself (but THEY should have paid in the first place). If you're going to have a birthday party at laser tag and can't afford it, then they should have just took their family, and just had cake and ice cream and some other activity for the friends.
Amen! That is so rude! I also hate it when they have a party at Peter Piper or Chuck E. Cheese and buy tons of extra tokens for their kid and not the other party kids. You'll notice it's usually a Dad who does it too. Men can be so obtuse!
However, because we've experienced the same kind of thing, when they're invited for something overboard like that, I try to ask the parents if they need to bring any money when we RSVP.
Whatever happened to cupcakes at the park?
That is TACKY and RUDE. I'd be so ticked. If you aren't going to pay for everyone (which you should), then at least have the courtesy to let people know that beforehand. Horrible.
They were rude. Plain and simple. If you're invited to the party, the hosts pay unless something different is agreed upon in advance. Having a birthday party for your child can get expensive, but if you do it, you pay and provide for everyone invited. End of story.
No, birthday etiquette has not changed. The host/hostess pays for the entertainment/party.
Otherwise, hello,!?! '...let's all go play laser tag (at your expense), and you bring gifts to my kid!' Weird.
You were not wrong at all in asuming that they would pay ~ especially if they didn't write anything at all on the invitation about it. How dumb! That would make me soooooo peeved!
No, not wrong to assume they would pay for all the kids attending the party. That is totally ridiculous. That is just crazy!!!
Woah! That isn't a party! It's a dutch date with presents for only one! It's not wrong AT ALL for you to assume they are paying! First of all they didn't clarify you needed to and secondly, with a party, your kid's "pay" should be the present!!
LOVE the conversation about the friends!
They should have paid for anyone they invited to the party.
Some people just dont have a clue, or care.
I hope your son had a good time.
Thats a cute conversation your boys had. My kids have similar conversations when our friends come over with their kids. ITs funny
I'll tell you what has changed. You are in Utah now. 'Nuf said.
That is GREAT!! KORBIN... TOO funny!
PS - LOVE the new front page!!
Dude... that is LAME!!! I am almost speechless!!!
My jaw dropped. Gheeesh. Where was this guy from?! It totally has to be a guy thing...I hope his wife kicked his rear when he got home for being so rude...how embarassing.
Post a Comment