Thursday, March 20, 2008

FAMILY VAYCAY AT SEA WORLD

We have been home for a week now and I want to go back! It was just so fun to be with the kids enjoying ourselves and the beautiful San Diego weather. We got there on Monday a little after 3:00 and checked in to our hotel, went to Target for some snacks (I have never been to a 2 story Target!) then out to dinner. Afterwards we drove around a bit and then went to bed early. Our hotel offered shuttle service to Sea World which was WONDERFUL! We got up the next morning and had breakfast then ran out to meet our shuttle. And so our days began....

Tuesday was a VERY beautiful day, Wednesday was nice but a little cloudy. We watched the Shamu Believe show, the dolphin show, Seamore and Clyde and Pets Rule. Brekkon got to be in that show and pet a Sea Lion. He thought that was pretty cool. All three of the older boys (Blake, Brekkon and Korbin) went on some of the water rides while G-man and I watched.

Here are some pictures of us before the Shamu show.
Notice the soak zone sign. We sat just behind the zone. After hearing Brek complain that he wasn't getting wet we let him sit in the zone at all the other shows. It was really the best time to go to Sea World, we practically had the park to ourselves.

Shamu posing. Let me just tell you how much our Garrik loved Shamu. Even after we got home he just sits in front of the computer and makes me play the video we have of the show over and over again. He sits there watching while holding his Shamu doll.



We got to feed and pet the dolphins which was a blast for the kids. I took these pictures our first day at Sea World. On the 2nd day we fed the dolphins again and there were some amazing shots of the boys and my camera froze!! I was SO frustrated. Then I was approached by an employee who handed me a card and said that they had taken some great pix of my boys. We headed over to the booth where I was prepared to pay whatever I needed to get these pictures. They proceeded to download the images and it turns out their camera froze too!!! What the heck!! I couldn't believe it. I mean really what are the odds??? So needless to say our pocket book was saved but I haven't got those images :(.




Here is a pictures of one of the water rides my two older boys and hubby rode. Blake and Korbin sat in the front and Brekkon just behind them. They came off the ride completely dry. How is that?? So being the wonderful mother that I am I have Brekkon stand in nice spot so I could get a picture of him. Of course it was a set up because once the ride came down he got DRENCHED!!! I couldn't stop laughing for the longest time. **NOTE: This is a pic of me riding with the boys, it was the only one I had of the ride.



Below are before and after pictures: Before - waiting for the ride to come down and After; poor unsuspecting little sole.
Okay so don't feel too sorry for the kid, he was wanting to get wet all day. And, as fate would have it, I rode that ride the next day and got soaking wet. Here is the real kicker, I sat in the same place Blake and Korbin sat and they didn't get wet. So you see, what goes around comes around. Oh and Brekkon, dry...go figure.
Did I mention is was overcast and just a little cold???
Overall it was a very fun family vacation. We ended up getting the fun card so we get to return again and again. We are hoping to go back again this summer but for sure over fall break!

16 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

How fun! Last time we went my sister gave me the head's up and told us to bring a change of clothes for everyone. After we got soaked by Shamu, we all went and changed in the bathroom! It made the rest of the day sooooo much more pleasant.

That was cracking me up that you had him pose right where he'd get soaked! Bummer about missing out on the cool dolphin pictures though.

Julianne said...

What a blast! Looks really fun. We haven't been to Sea World for a few years. The kids have been dying to go. Maybe this summer. Glad you guys had a great vacation!

Rochelleht said...

Oh, I love Seaworld. And I love two-story Targets. I mean, what could be better than more square footage at Target!?

Becky said...

Those pictures are so cute, looks like you guys had so much fun! Your boys are adorable!

Carey said...

Im glad you guys had a great time! I would have done the same with my kids, having them get soaked...fun!
Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

Renee said...

Sounds like you all had a blast!! Happy Easter to you and your family!

Renee'

Megan said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I am so happy you got to go.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Ohhhh...I'm so jealous! I could use a vacation like this! What a fun time!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Welcome back. We've never been to Sea World. It looks like so much fun.

Laura said...

Love that place! Glad you had such a blast!!

Cecily R said...

Sounds like a perfect vacation. Color me jealous!!!

crystal said...

Woot-woo! Wet t-shirt contest for Michelle! heehee I LOVE your sunglasses. Looks like you had so much fun...and welcome home!

Renee said...

Just stopping by to say HI. Hope all is going well.

Renee'

Katrina said...

Looks like you had a blast! We're thinking about going in May, but to the one in San Antoinio, obviously.

Julie Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SuperCoolMom said...

Hey Michelle,
Those boys sure must be keeping you busy. How are you feeling? Miss your posts!