Thursday, February 21, 2008

My aunt died this morning. Even though we were all expecting it, it was still hard when it happened. My mom called and the minute I answered I knew what she was going to say. My grandparents were the first to find out when they went to the hospital to visit this morning. I feel so bad for them. Losing a child is never easy to take no matter how old your child is. I think as parents you just expect to go first. The good thing is that she went peacefully and without pain. We are all grateful for that. My heart goes out to my cousin. I pray that he finds peace in this time of great sorrow. He was very close to his mom and I know he is having a hard time with this. Thanks for all your sweet comments and prayers.

12 comments:

Traci said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's always a tough thing to go through no matter the situation. We will keep your family in our prayers.

Carey said...

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. Im praying for you and your family for healing and closure.

Rochelleht said...

Oh Michelle. I'm so sorry. That's really awful.

Julianne said...

I'm sorry Michelle. It's so sad.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt. I always feel sad when someone goes before we consider them ready - or of the right age to go. I'm glad your family at least had time to prepare and to say goodbye.

Megan said...

Michelle, I am sorry to hear about your aunt. You will be in my thoughts. It is always hard to have someone go even if you are expecting it.

Lauren in GA said...

I am sorry for your loss. I know you don't know me but, I just wanted to tell you that.

aurora said...

I am very sorry to hear about your aunt. God bless you and your family.

crystal said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you this week, hoping you have the strength to get through your busy week with the book fair and are able to be strong for your mom & rest of your family. You'll be in my prayers, sweetie.

Wendi said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Matchbox Mom said...

Oh honey! I'm sorry! I will be praying for you and your beautiful family. That's really sad.

Tam

Renee said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your aunt. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/