Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Book Fair and Other Things

The book fair for the boys school is next week and I have been busy busy busy. I'm incharge of it and I just finished selecting all the books for it. Lucky for me all that could be done online and over the phone. They will be dilivered on Monday @10 then I get the fun time of setting it all up so we can open Tues.-friday. Tomorrow I am heading up to the school to make copies for all the teachers to hand out. That will be an all day event (yeah for me). I'm so ready for next week to end.

I haven't posted about this because I just hate writing bad news. Don't you just wish life could be one big happy party with nothing bad happening. About a month ago my aunt went into the hospital in Puerto Rico for Pneumonia. My mom flew out to be with her and her parents. At one point it looked like she would pull through. But she took a turn for the worst and has been heading down hill ever since. My grandparents just called to let us know that the Dr's. have done all they can and now we just wait for her to die. I feel so bad for my mom and my grandparents. Also for my cousin. We are just praying that she passes quickly and without pain.

Okay, I've decided that I can't leave this post on a sad note so I'll post some good news. My good friend Julie is coming to see me in March!! Oh happy day!! She is coming down to do a book show at my house (hey whatever gets her here) and then she will be showing me the ropes because I've decided to sell Usborne books also. Hopefully together we can earn a trip to Rome!!
I've never sold anything before in my life but I figure I LOVE to read and I think Usborne books are great so why not.

8 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Book fairs are my favorite thing! I helped out at ours this year. My boys go nuts at them.

I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Can I put any names on our temple prayer roll for you?

That is a good book graphic, can I take it for future reference? ;)

kristen said...

You wouldn't think that book fairs are so much work...but they are! my sister in law has been in charge of some and they definitely wear her out!

Renee said...

Way to go on the book fair! So sorry to hear about your Aunt. Will be keeping her and y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

Have fun when Julie visits!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Traci said...

Good luck with the book fair. Since i help in the PTO here I love to help out at the book fair, so fun and can spend sooo much money there too, so good luck.
Sorry to hear about your aunt too, that is always hard.
Good Luck with your book selling adventures too!

Rochelleht said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt, Michelle. That is awful.

But SOOOO excited for you to get to see Julie. Lucky girl!

aurora said...

I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. It must be a very sad time in your family.

Best Wishes on your Book Venture, if you love books, it will most definitely translate into success as a bookseller! ♥

Lauren in GA said...

I am sorry about your Aunt. That is sad for you and your family.

I LOVE Usbourne books! Best of luck with everything with that :)

crystal said...

Hey, sign me up as your favorite new customer! I love-love-love Usborn books.

I'm sad for you about your aunt. It's not easy to go through this & my prayers are with you.