Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Church funny and some hot chocolate

Yesterday driving home from school the boys in our carpool reminded me of a funny moment that happened in church. I had forgotten all about it. Korbin was assigned to do the first article of faith in Primary.

Just a brief history: The Articles of Faith are what we as members of The Church of Jesus Christ believe in and Primary is where kids go that are turning 4-11. Anyway, we had practed with him so he had it memorized. He gets up and says: "We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ Amen. Oh wait wait wait and in the Holy Ghost." hee hee gotta love him, but at least he remembered!

Oh but the laughs don't end with that story.

We brought in the toy kitchen from the garage and G has really enjoyed it. He has been making all sorts of good food for us. This morning he asked me if I wanted hot chocolate. I said sure I would love some. He ran out the door and I didn't pay attention to him after that. I just kept reading my book. I hear some noise in the bathroom, the toilet seat going up and down. I thought, "Oh good he remembered to peepee". (Yes he is now wearing unders all day).

Anyway, he doesn't come into my room for a while and I'm thinking this pretend hot chocolate is taking a long time so I decide to go and check on him. I find him in the kitchen with the hot chocolate maker out and going. He was actually making me hot chocolate. I was very impressed, he put in exactly 2 Cups of water and 2 packets of hot chocolate. The machine stops and our drinks are done. I go to get mugs and then I think to ask where he got his water from, remembering the noise I had heard in the bathroom. He jumps off the counter and says, "I show you!". I follow him into the bathroom where he is proudly pointing to the toilet. I look at him and ask, "You got the water from the toilet?" "YUP!", he responds with a big grin on his face. Yeah, I'm not sure I want to drink that hot chocolate!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Oh. My. Gosh. What if you didn't ask him where the water came from? That is hilarious!

YUM-O. :)

Chelsi said...

Hmmm.....maybe I think will twice now before accepting a cup of hot chocolate from your house. Gotta give the kid props though - that is pretty resourceful.

aurora said...

Too funny! Glad you asked! C:

Laura said...

THAT IS CLASSIC!! YUCK!

Lacie said...

i am so sorry you have strep in your house!!! i hope nobody else gets it!! i laughed out loud about the Potty Hot Chocolate- hee hee!
i so wish my little guy was using the potty...

JR and Brynn said...

YUMMY!! Hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate. :) He is so sweet and sooooooo hilarious!! I can totally see Haley doing that exact same thing.

Carey said...

Thats too funny!
Hope you are doing well.

Shaka said...

ahhhhh!! what if you drank that!!! at least he didn't get his chocolate from the toilet!!

Rochelleht said...

Ha ha! Shaka's comment was just what I was thinking.

That's pretty funny! My kids have been asking for hot chocolate all day. I think we'll go to Starbuck's instead.

Christie said...

CAN YOU IMAGINE if you had just drunk his little offering? Oh my goodness.