Yes this is where I have been. We had our booth again this year: popcorn and cotton candy; we also added to the menu hamburger's and breakfast burritos. Set up started Monday and didn't end till late Tuesday night. Then the festival from Wednesday - Saturday. It was so much fun and, although sales were down all around for everyone, we were still able to make enough to pay for Christmas. The above picture was taken from the Dickens website. Check it out if you want to see more.Well this year, besides having a booth, we also were asked by Blake's aunt (who puts on the festival) to be part of the Fezziwig Dancers. It was a new thing that she wanted to add to the festival and she wanted us to be in charge. So we went about gathering 2 more suckers, uh I mean couples, to perform with us. It was interesting juggling booth and dancing but we did it and I think overall it turned out great.
There was another couple and we did get pictures together I just need to get it from Chelsi. We also video taped us dancing and I'll post that once we get it uploaded. Anyway, our job was pretty much to walk around the festival smiling and greeting everyone. Then we performed our two dances in a main area but we also did them through out the festival. We had the best time performing and getting to know Trevor and Chelsi better.
Blake's cousin, Matt, put on Scrooge and Oliver again this year. Let me tell you he is amazing. The productions were wonderful and all the cast did amazing jobs.
And of course you can't go to the Dickens Festival without visiting Father Christmas. Now I need to tell you that this IS the REAL Santa. Blake's cousins have pictures that they took back when they were 2 and 3 and he hasn't changed! NO JOKE! And, truth be told, I still believe in Santa. There it's out.


12 comments:
Totally fun, Michelle. You guys all look great. That Santa is really good. I love that he has a wreath on his head. Makes him look very Dickensy vintage...
What fun, you guys look great in your dresses. hey book club is saturday, is 11:30 ok? will you send me everyones email so I can remind them and see who is coming?
So cute! You guys look awesome! I love that Santa- he is SO into it!
Call me today when you get your package!
It makes me want to move there just to get to go to that festival each year!! Wow.
You guys all look great. Wow. The boys are growing up into Little Men.
Definitely agree. That Santa is fabulous.
Too fun! You guys look great! And, I love the pictures of the boys with Santa. Darling.
One thing I regret about leaving California was that I never made it to the Dickens Fair in San Mateo. It's supposed to be awesome. You're lucky! I haven't found one here yet.
How awesome is that! What a great thing to be able to do? That Santa Clause is the best ever!
You could have worn that dress to see Twilight. :)
I wanted to go to this so bad, but my timing at being in st. george was off! I love that Santa, I have seen several people post pictures with him and wished I was able to take Allyson! Looks like a lot of fun, you look great in your dress!!
We had such a good tiem with you guys at this. Thanks for including us! We would love to be suckered in again for any other Christmases herafter. We had a good time getting to know you guys too and look forward to more fun memories...starting with another game night before we take off for the Christmas break of nightmare-travel. Let's plan something!
Oh...and I am with you now after seeing the pics of your boys with Santa...I think he is real!
When we hit the Dickens Festival Santa was out to lunch, bummer. We're going to take Halle to see him today at the Boulevard. He's arriving in a helicopter so it should be fun. Your boys look really cute with Santa!
Those are great pictures. That looks like our santa, he is real, I swear. I even saw him in Sam's club with suspenders and regular clothes and he is totally still Santa! Looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment