Monday, November 17, 2008

Book fair, Soccer Party and The Wicked Bug

This last week has been crazy and busy. I am over the book fair at my boys school and it has been VERY busy two week before with all the prep and set up. Then the week of the fair everything was going great. The classrooms made their wish lists, the teachers did theirs and one little man decided to get sick. Yup on Wed. morning G got the stomach bug. I had to scramble for someone to help while I figured out what to do with G. Lucky for me it was a pretty slow day at Blakes office so he was able to come home and help.

This year the book fair was bigger than normal since we changed it location. You really did have to have at least two people if not three working it. But we sold a lot and earned lots of free books! Believe me, our library can use them. My kids were great on Fri. when they had to stay with me till 5:30. My hubby was great stepping in and helping where he could and my friends were great coming in last minute to help. One event down and one more to go.

We had our soccer end of season party at a yummy pizza place. All the kids got their trophies and Blake said some great things about each of the boys. We had all you can eat pizza, bread sticks and drinks. (Side note: I did not have my camera with me. I had it ready to go and left it. My blogging skills were really lax this week.) Now I can say that soccer is officially over!

Too bad the stomach flu wasn't officially over. Apparently that wicked little bug wasn't going to be happy until EVERYONE had it. Sunday morning I woke up with Korbin standing my by bed staring at me. He told me his stomach was hurting. I immediately got him a bucket and good thing too. Not 10 min. later Brek came in telling me Korbin had thrown up.

I think Sunday was the bugs highlight because not only did he get Korbin but he got me too. Later on that day our neighbor, not knowing we were sick, brought over some fried chicken for our family. Trust me we LOVE fried chicken but on this day one smell of that sent me running to the bathroom. By around 8:00 that night the worst was over and Korbin and I were on the mend. He even went to school this morning but our little bug friend attacked Brek next. So now I'm home with him and the only consolation I can offer is to tell him that by tonight he will be feeling better.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. I think I'm going to get a flu shot to avoid this situation!

JR and Brynn said...

Michelle, I am so sorry you guys are all battling this wicked bug. Sounds awful. We sure missed you last night, but all went well. Thanks for all your hard work on everything. It was beautiful. Hopefully you all will be healthy and out and about and we can play soon.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Man, hate that bug! Hopefully you'll all be on the mend soon!!

Laura said...

SOOOO sorry! I am already sick of the sicky stuff! Hope you are feeling better!

aurora said...

Yucky! So sorry. Stomach bugs are the worst. I don't mind many illnesses, but puke is over the top.

Renee said...

Glad the book fair went so well. Hope y'all are feeling better soon!

Shaka said...

ahhh, twilight! this week. i'm excited but i have to go in to not expecting too much. movies are never as good as the book and as good as edward is he isn't my edward so he is just a bit disappointing! but i am very excited!!! i have a feeling that seeing it once isn't going to be enough though.

sorry you guys had been sick.