Saturday, October 18, 2008

And A Gasp Was Heard In The Blogging World

Okay okay settle down! Yes I'm updating and boy do I have a lot to add. I got so behind over the summer and it has been hard getting back into the routine of blogging. I think once I update I wont feel like there is this huge weight on my shoulders anymore. I'm going to start with the most recent and work my way back. Please bear with me, this will be a long post but well worth it.

PUMPKIN PATCH

The boys were out of school Thursday and Friday for UEA so we have just been having fun. The Mom's Group that I joined here all got together and went to the pumpkin patch on Friday. They did a fun tour for us. My boys had a good time but they weren't very cooperative for pictures. Korbin kept ditching out every time I tried to take one of him. It really was very frustrating.

I took four pictures of the three together and these were the best two. Our little G wasn't into it and refused to look up at me. In the other two pictures he just turned his back to me. Honestly!!
I have to say the Brekkon's look in this picture just cracked me up. It's like he is saying, "Enough already!".

I managed to get Korbin by himself. You can't really tell in these pictures but his hair is curly. Who knew?!?! I love it, he hates it. I'm winning so far.

Garrik had a ball petting all the animals. He kept saying bye bye to the animals as he went from pen to pen.
Brekkon was acting like he was just too old for this but check out this picture I got of him. Yeah buddy, I'm onto you.

Pinewood Derby

Another year another derby. This year I was adamant that Brekkon work on his own car. Dad could help but I wanted Brekkon to do the majority of the work this year, unlike last year where dad did EVERYTHING. So Brekkon designed his car, cut it out (with grandpa and dad's help) and painted his car. His wasn't the flashiest car but he was very proud of it and kept telling everyone that he did it all. It was great to see that sense of pride in him.

Brekkon with his car. It is cut in the shape for an X. The name of his car was Racer X.

Here is everyone sitting and waiting for the racing to start.

He won the prize for most shocking car.

Family Vaycay

This year for a family vaycay we went to Arizona, in Aug. I wouldn't recommend that. Anyway we wanted to use our time share and we didn't want to fly anywhere this year. Everything in Cali. was booked up and this was the only place that had vacancies so we took it. It actually was very fun. Not as relaxing as laying by the beach, but we still had a blast. And I loved being in a big city again!! Malls, restaurant's, malls!! I was starting to forget what a mall really looked like.

We went to this really fun Children's museum and the kids just loved it. They had a machine that simulated all the major natural disasters that happen around the world. But this river had there attention the longest. You were supposed to move the dirt around and watch the different ways the water flows. Well, just add water and dirt and you have a boys dream come true.


I don't remember what Korbin was doing but here is the picture anyway.



Lake Powell


Another summer and another trip to Lake Powell. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Lake Powell?? Well I do!! Our family has such a blast camping and boating day after day. This year we went with Blake's cousin Britney and her family and his parents and Aunt and Uncle.

Here is Blake skiing. He looks good doesn't he??
Here I am wake boarding. I just love Lake Powell and the cliffs that are all around you as you ski or board. It really is breath taking. Sometimes I have to remind myself to pay attention to my boarding and not at the scenery.

Brekkon, Korbin and cousin Cordon tubing. We ended up putting the rope on the ski tower. Once we did that it didn't take much to throw them out of the tub. They just kept climbing in and asking for more. G went out on the tube with the Grandma's. They wouldn't go without insurance. So they dragged Garrik on with them know we wouldn't throw them off so long as they had him. I would say that was a smart move although I'm sure Garrik would have loved being thrown off. All I know is that that little trick wont work for them next year! This year Brekkon learned to Wake Board (following in his mom's footsteps). And both Brekkon and Korbin knee boarded. We have that on video and I promise I'll post that once I get Blake to show me how.

Here are just some pictures of life at Lake Powell.


My Girls

My good friend Megan flew out to SLC and I drove up to spend some time with her. We met our other friend Laura and spent the day together. We shopped, got our nails done and ate at our fav. restaurant The Cheese Cake Factory. Oh and we also went to a movie. It was such a fun time but very short. I was only able to spend a day and a half with them because I had to get home so that we could load up and head off to Lake Powell. Yes that I how my summer was. Leave, come home, repack and leave again. I was excited for school to start and for us to just be home!

Here I am with my two BFF's Laura and Megan!


Girls Camp

As most of you know I was the Ward Camp Director. Here are a few pictures of our life at camp.

Here is our home away from home. We were at a different camp ground this year. Less trees but flat and a lot nicer. I am hoping we will be there again next year. You can't see the Leaders tent but it is there.


In case your wondering, here is what the leaders do while the youth are away. GAMES!! And yes we are just a little competitive.

Yes there are more pictures, but my camera battery died and I haven't gotten the other pictures from our YW leader. I know, I'm a slacker.

So there you have it, our summer in a nut shell. We did do two more camping trips as a family but sadly no pictures of those.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I love the new halloween look! I have missed you in the blogging world, my friend! LOVE YA!

Carey said...

Im so glad you are back! Ive missed you. I look forward to catching up with you.

Stephanie said...

Welcome back! You had a busy summer. You boys are getting so big especially Brekkon, I can't believe it. I agree with you Lake Powell is awesome, you are lucky to live close to it.

Julianne said...

Hi there! You certainly had a busy summer! Your boys are getting so grown up and are all so handsome. :) Of course I would love to take pictures next summer. I'll let you know when we'll be there.

Renee said...

Wow! You have a great but busy summer. So glad to see you back! Your boys are getting so big! Have a great week.

Rochelleht said...

Looks like such fun! Thanks for the update. I love Brekkon's car. Great work!!

Do you really not have a mall in St. George? Really? That would suck. Not that I like malls. Actually, I never go, but the stores that are housed in a mall are needful. Ok, really only Anthro. I go to Southlake when I want to shop.

I'm babbling...

Michelle said...

I guess there is a mall, if that is what you want to call it. You can stand in the center and look down each hallway and see all the stores. And there isn't anything needful like Anthro., Bananna, Gap, Victoria, not any of the good stores. So in my book there is no mall. Sad really.