On Wed. night I had my YW Presidency meeting. At first Blake was going to be able to take care of the boys but as the day went on that was not going to happen. Needless to say I ended up have to take them with me. I told them that the only place they could play was in the gym with their toys and they were to stay out of the nursery.
After my meeting I went into the gym to get the boys and I find G-man sitting on the floor covered in blue paint. It is all over him and on the floor all around him. I then find Korbin hiding behind some chairs holding the incriminating evidence and a puddle of blue paint next to him. I ask where Brekkon is and I'm told he is in the nursery. I then proceed to go to the nursery where I find ALL the toys taken out of the closets. Why they don't lock them I'll never know. But they were all over the floor. I then find more blue paint on the carpet and in the back of a dump truck and inside a fire truck. I just turned to my boys and I honestly believe they saw the lightening flash in my eyes. I told them that they better have all the toys put pack in their right place by the time I'm done cleaning up the paint. They did not say a word the whole time cleaning and all the way home. Once home Brekkon went straight to finish his homework and Korbin started the bath for him and G-man. I didn't even have to ask.
After bath and showers were done I found Brekkon reading a book to the other two. Then he helped Korbin read his baggy book. I'm always so impressed with how patient Brekkon is on helping his brother sound out words. I was also struck by how that sweet tender moment between my sons could wipe away anything bad that they had done. Isn't it amazing how those moments don't have to last long yet they make up for so much. After the incident at the church I was grateful for those 10 min.
Of course they did still get in trouble and are on restriction from the Wii, PlayStation and computer. Along with that they both have to clean the inside of my van: take out seats and vacuum, Armor All the inside and clean the windows.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Blue Paint and Tender Moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


16 comments:
Oh my goodness. I would have been very upset.
hey! it's great to hear what's goin' on... (even if it was a crazy, messy story) Miss ya!
Wow, that's crazy. I'm glad you at least benefit from the punishment. WOW!
I would have lost it! Way to handle it so well. Great consequences though.
I think that we are given those tender moments to get us through all of the crazy ones!
I am sure that the story will be much funnier in a few years- :)
I think Aurora has the right answer. Those tender moments definitely get us through the crazy ones. You handled it well.
Boys are just born crazy and for the most part they never really change. They just get bigger. The sweet moments make the bad ones bearable!!
Paint?! Where did they get paint at the church? Sorry for the rough evening, but sounds like it turned out ok. We all have those crazy times, but sometimes we miss those sweet ones that we need to see the most. Glad you did!
They got it out of the nursery closet. Go figure. I don't know who thought that would be a good Sunday activity.
You poor dear. It is really crazy that someone had the nerve to store paint in the church.
Wow. Boys will be boys, but it sounds like you got lucky with these guys! They sound so sweet it's great how they bounce back with such good behavior on their own.
Maybe this story will be funnier down the road! I think we get the precious moments to help us through the "AHHH!" moments.
Oh man! Sounds like my boys, on a daily basis. They are little tornados everywhere they go.
Thank heavens for "tender moments."
You rock. I would've lost it. Why can't I be like you?
*sigh*
Of course! The perfect place for blue paint is the closet in the nursery!!
Sounds like you handled it well. Wonderfully in fact.
Hah, my friend has a picture of her 5 year stark naked and COMPLETELY covered in blue paint! I was picturing that the whole time I read your story! What a night...
Post a Comment