Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don't wish your life away.

Why do kids long to be adults, to be big? I ask this question yet I remember when I was younger and wanting so badly to be "big". Now I have a son that is the same way. He says to me he wants to be an adult. Funny how that is. My mom used to tell me "Don't wish your life away". Now thinking back to my childhood I wish I hadn't been in such a hurry to grow up. I want to tell my boys to just enjoy this time in your life. Be a kid and have fun. There is plenty of time of growing up. I guess as parents you just want to hold on to your children for as long as you can. I see how handsome my boys are getting everyday and sometimes I find myself thinking what they will be like as teens. Then I remember my mothers simple words of wisdome, "Don't wish your life away".

No comments: