Sunday, April 13, 2008

ROUGH TOUGH CRAZY

The men of Deadliest Catch return this Tuesday, April 15! I don't know what it is that's so captivating about this show but once you start watching you can't stop. I've been watching since April 3 the recaps from the last 3 seasons and am just so excited for this season to start. What is it that draws me to this show? Maybe it's the fact that they live on the edge doing crazy things such as this


Or facing waves like this


They work through in the worst conditions and sometimes in pain from an injury like this


There are sad moments like when a crab boat from last season sunk and 3 of the 4 men were killed. And then there are wonderful moments like when Captain John Hillstrand and his crew pulled a man out of the water after watching him fall. It was a scarry moment for the crew and a sense of redemption for Captain John Hillstrand because 10 years ago he was faced with the same situation and by the time they got to the man and pulled him out he was dead.






Well whatever the reason is for my fascination with this show one thing is certain I owe these man a huge thank you for risking their life so that I can enjoy this!

6 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

wOW! yOU make it sound so fascinating! I've never stuck with it long enough to get caught up in it.

Cecily R said...

Jon loves that show...maybe I should watch with him next time!!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

This is our new favorite show. Seriously. I hate any type of "reality" tv and this one has just sucked us in. Totally. I still haven't figured out the appeal, but I keep watching!!

Megan said...

When is this show on? It looks like a really good one to watch.

Laura said...

I have never even heard of this... you will have to tell me when it comes on!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

I've never heard of this one, but I bet my hubby would love it.

I went crabbing in Seattle once...but we just threw nets off the pier...nothing more dangerous than the possible pinch from a crab!