Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gymalicious

After my siesta or rather hibernation from working out I'm back! I went today for the first time since Thanksgiving. It felt so good to work out again, although I don't think my body will be saying that much longer. It already hurts my bum to sit on the toilet, not to mention the pain in my legs on the way down then back up again.

I decided to start off my morning with a Chisel class from 8:40-9:10. I don't know what the hell I was thinking doing a class like that my first day back. Sure it was 30 min. long, but don't let that fool you. We ran, did lunges, lifted weights, sit ups, stairs, ran some more, stairs again, more running and lots more weights. And as if that wasn't enough I headed off to my spin class @9:15 (hence the sore bum). I haven't been on a bike since the winter (I just don't do cold very well). Now I'm regretting my long break. It feels like I'm starting all over again. Hopefully I can get
back to where I was and fast. I'm dieing to get back on my road bike again but first I have to build up my endurance. Wish me luck!

12 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

Good for you! It actually sounds like a really fun class! I'd hate to see how my butt would do after my 4 year hiatus.

Rochelleht said...

Ugh, I've been not so consistent, myself, lately. It's been a couple of weeks. I'm bad...

Matchbox Mom said...

wow! You're awesome! i need to get back to the gym too! I'm such a fatty patty...(no offense to anyone named patty out there...)
YOU ROCK!!

Carey said...

You go girl! I wish i was able to get to the gym. Im left working out at home...and its not getting me very far.
Hope the soreness goes away fast. I just read somewhere that eating 1 cup of ricotta cheese with some fruit 40 minutes after working out helps to prevent sore muscles...havent tried it yet, but maybe.
Love the song you have playing on your blog.

aurora said...

Chisel class??? Sounds a bit advanced for me! How about tape measure or rolling pin...
Good for you!

Cecily R said...

Good luck. Maybe if you keep posting about this stuff I'll get motivated too....maybe.

Laura said...

You go girl!!

Renee said...

Good for you! Wish I could be as motivated. Have a great weekend.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Are you trying to scare us away from exercising?? Cause you're doing a great job! Now how am I ever going to lose this post-pregnancy weight!

crystal said...

Spin class made me ache in all my girlie places.

Ahem. You-know-where.

Good job chiseling! I'm so verrrry pregnant that just MOVING makes me feel like a superstar. I'm having my usual 3rd-trimester running dreams...where I'm running, looking like a nike magazine ad, feeling like chariots of fire...

Chisel on, sista!

Renee said...

Just stopping by to say 'Hi'. Happy Mother's Day!

Julie said...

Ha, I am posting more than Michelle!