Wednesday, December 12, 2007

25 Favorite Things About Christmas

1. Decorating! Decorating! Decorating!

2. Sitting in the dark looking at the lights on my Christmas tree.

3. The smell of a real Christmas tree (sorry no fakies for me)

4. Shopping for my kids gifts

5. Shopping for my hubbies gifts.

6. Okay just shopping. But hey this is the time of year when it is encouraged that you shop and spend money.

7. Opening the doors on our advent calendar and reading the scripture and story for that day. We do this for the whole month of Dec. instead of FHE.

8. Reading the Christmas story on Christmas eve and then talking about how important Jesus is in our lives.

9. Taking gifts to my neighbor and friends.

10. Receiving everyone's Christmas card and pictures. I love reading about what is happening in everyone's lives.

11. Seeing my boys faces Christmas morning.

12. Having family visit or visiting family.

13. Buying a gift for a little girl off the angel tree. Since I have all boys I always pick a girl.

14. Driving around the neighborhoods and looking at all the Christmas lights lights.

15. Having our Fondue traditional dinner. YUM!!

16. Hearing my older boys point out the difference between the real Santa and the fake ones. All the ones at the mall are fake because Santa can't be at every mall at one time, DUH. And they always look to see if it is a wig and fake beard. That is a tell tell sign.

17. Seeing the boys carefully put out cookies and milk for Santa, which I might add he rather enjoys.

18. The Christmas songs that play all day on the radio starting the day after Thanksgiving. And that play all the time in my home too!

19. Doing the funnest Christmas swap with my two wonderful friends Laura and Megan.

20. Seeing how my boys are getting more and more into the spirit of giving instead of receiving.

21. The scavenger hunt we do every year for our boys in order for them to get their Santa present. It is just so much fun coming up with things for them to do and places for them to go.

22. Watching fun Christmas movies like the Santa Clause. I love them all.

23. The Christmas lesson that is given at Church.

24. Just being with family and friends.

25. Remembering the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for Him. I know that He lives and loves us all so much. For a loving Father in Heaven that loved us enough to send His son.

What are your favorite things about Christmas?

13 comments:

Cecily R said...

You have Fondue dinner at Christmas time too? I seriously thought that was my family's weirdo tradition alone! Yay! A Fondue Kindred Spirit!

Wendi said...

What a great list. I like a lot of those things too, and got some great ideas from you.

I want to see pictures and hear details about that Fondue dinner! Sounds cool.

Katrina said...

Great post! I told a neighbor your idea about a scavenger hunt. They were giving the kids a Wii and didn't know how to get them both to unwrap it! We did it last year when we gave the kids an art easel. We filmed it, and basically it was J reading the clues and running and A screaming/crying behind her. ~shrug~

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Great list! I love sitting int he dark and looking at the lights on the Christmas tree too! We have a couple of advent calendars that my boys love.

aurora said...

Ditto on watching the lights on the tree in the dark- add come cocoa or cider and shortbread to make it just perfect.
Snugging in on Christmas Day as the kids play and we have wrapping paper everywhere!

Megan said...

Ditto to everything you said. I love it all. I have a feeling January is going to be very anti-climatic. I'm thinking I better start a new tradtion of having a after Christmas Party in the middle of January!

Rochelleht said...

Mmmmm! I love your fondue.

Lacie said...

I love you list...the whole time I was reading I was thinking- "Me TOO!" We participate in an angel tree every year too--but I always pick boys becaus we have boys, however next year I may just pick a GIRL!

katri said...

Your fondue ROCKS!

Laura said...

Those are cute! I want fondue with you guys! YUMMY!

Matchbox Mom said...

Good list, Michelle! I love all those things too!

You're too cute!

Tam

crystal said...

Do you do fondue on Christmas Eve? That sounds so fun! What kind of fondue? Cheese? What do you dip??...tell, tell!

I like your #25. Very touching :)

Cindy Breninger said...

Aww, I love sitting in the dark looking at the lights on the tree...love that. :)
Cindy
www.adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com