Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday

Shredded Pork Sandwiches

1 pork roast

1 can Dr. Pepper or Cherry Coke (I used Dr. Pepper)

18 oz. barbecue sauce (I used Spicy Honey)

First cook the pork roast over night with the Dr. Pepper or Cherry coke on low. In the morning take pork out and shred, also reserve 1 cup of the juice. Put the shredded pork, 1 cup reserved juice and the barbecue sauce into the crock pot. Heat on low and serve on buns. Great for any occasion. Tip: if you aren't eating till later that evening just put crock pot into fridge until time to start heating it up. Hope you enjoy!!

For more tried and true recipies visit The Pumkin Patch.

6 comments:

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

THANK YOU for posting the recipe- can't wait to try it!!! YUMMMMM......

Renee said...

This recipe sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try it out.

Anonymous said...

yum--that sounds delicious!!

Jodi said...

Yum-O!! Sounds simple too!

Have a great Thursday!

Shaka said...

love the crock pot! we do pulled pork often but we just cook the pork all day then shred, mix in the bbq sauce and some of the juice and eat on buns. great summer meal.

Lacie said...

I am a HUGE fan of the Crock Pot!
I have never tried Shredded Pork, but I know my adorable husband would love it!

Thanks for checking out my blog AND for your thoughtful comment!

I love your list of good reads! I am a Book Junkie! I love to read to escape my wild (but fun) days!
I will be looking at the library for some of your favs! Thanks!

Oh- I just moved to a VERY SMALL town outside of Weatherford. Just thought it was neat that you had once lived in Fort Worth! I am still getting use to the small town thing- We moved from Houston, TX!