Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hike - Calf Creek Falls


We read about these falls and decided to do the hike. We were told it was easy with kids, though I wouldn't recommend it with any kid under 5. Lets just say this wasn't the smartest thing we've done. But we made it in and out again.

It is a 6 mile hike round trip. You hike into the most beautiful water fall. It seems strange to find this beauty in the desert, almost seems out of place. It was well worth the struggle. I think that the thing that made it hard, besides the sun, was that is was a very sandy trail. I will say that Brekkon and Korbin were so good. They really held their own and proved themselves. They made Grandpa proud (my dad loves to hike and go backpacking so seeing his grandsons do this really put a smile on his face). Our Garrik did well considering his age. He walked were he could but mostly we carried him. Once we got to the falls Korbin comes running off the trail yelling, "I did it. I finally made it". We all laughed at that expression. After all that hard work he finally made it. It made me think about life in general. All the great things in life that are worth it are hard work. When we finally achieve them we can yell "I did it, I finally made it."

Before we even started on the hike, G totally falls and gets a busted lip. So after we got him all fixed up we were on our way.

Grandpa, Brekkon and Korbin.


Brekkon taking a drink of some water. A definite must have on this hike.

Our little G-man. He wouldn't keep a hat on his head so we made him a doo-rag. He is just so dang cute!

More hiking pictures:







We made it! The Calf Creek Falls.

On the way up whenever we would pass someone they would assure us that it was all worth it and boy were they right. So beautiful!! Once we got there we waded around in the water and had some lunch. It was nice to cool off after such a long hot hike in.



Grandpa and G heading out into the falls.

7 comments:

Renee said...

The falls are just awe inspiring! How beautiful. Glad you all had such a wonderful vacation. Happy 4th!

Renee said...

The falls are just awe inspiring! How beautiful. Glad you all had such a wonderful vacation. Happy 4th!

Lisa said...

When I lived in AZ I made one of my personal training clients go on a short hike with me and more than once I didn't think she was going to make it. Mainly because she'd stop turn around tell me I was a sadist and start walking back so kuddos to your boys for making it and hopefully without calling you names!!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Glad it was fun and that you got home safe...just in time for a hot 4th! :(

Stephanie said...

Looks like it was well worth it! I love your family picture, you guys have a beautiful family!

Laura said...

These pictures are SO beautiful! This is why we live in Utah!

Shaka said...

the falls are beautiful! worth the hike!?