This past weekend we went camping in Escalante Grand Staircase National Park. We camped in the Lower Calf Creek Campgrounds and had a great time. We were in the very back of the campground with a lot of trees for shade and we were really close to the creek. Close enough to hear it but far enough away for it to not be a temptation.
We got there on Sat. June 30, my parents joined us Sunday and they had the campsite right next to ours. We left Tues. July 3 and I must admit that by Tuesday my fun meter was on full. And like my friend Julie, we came ill prepared for the night. It's 95 during the day, how cold can it get at night? Lets just say thank goodness my parents were prepared! Boy do we have a lot to learn about Utah camping.
After we set up camp we ate some lunch and just hung around and explored.
We gave up trying to keep G clean so we just let him go around in his diaper.
The water spicket was right next to our campsite and we couldn't keep G away from it. Oh well, at least his feet were clean...till he walked back to camp across the dirt.
Fun in the creek
We decided to go cool off during the day in the creek. My dad spent half the time widdling some boats for the boys to play with down the little rapids. What a great Grandpa!! Afterwards he also made my mom a great walking stick for the hike we did.
I don't think anyone enjoyed the water more than G. He loved walking around in it.
Laurie's summer hair worked great. It kept my hair back while looking stylish, if that's possible while camping.
I even made one for my mom to wear.
More Pictures
I love these next three pictures of my boys.
Overall we had a great time being together as a family. But, like always, it was nice to go home. I think G was most excited about going home. Once he noticed us loading up the car he jumped into his car seat. I think he had had enough of the primitive lifestyle. He was a trooper, though I think it will be awhile before we taking him camping again.


4 comments:
What great pictures! Sounds like you all had a great time. The scenery was great and you have a precious family.
loved it.Mom
I sent it on to Barbara and she loved all the pics.
You rock with all those pictures. looks like a lot of fun.
I love the hair thing, might have to try that one for camp! Thanks for the idea.
Post a Comment